UltraDefrag download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download UltraDefrag, a powerful Open Source Defragmentation tool for the Windows Platform. It can defragment any system files including registry hives and paging file. Also one of the main goals of ...

UltraDefrag download

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    how does this stack up to defraggler from Piriform (who made the excellent CCleaner) bee using both these programs for a long time now and never really seen anything better for free anyway.

3. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

I have tried so many defrag programs in both business and home environments and to this day Auslogics Disk Defrag Free works the best for me. Fast and thorough. You can even go into algorithms and have it move system files to the beginning of your drive for faster access. With Defraggler I noted that a defrag, not quick defrag, took forever and if I ran it a second time in a row it took just as long, and worked on the same files it had just moved. IMO a defragmenter shouldn't have to keep moving around files that it has just worked on. UltraDefrag is good too but it's GUI interface leaves a lot to be desired.

Also note that UltraDefrag has not been tested on any O/S newer than Windows 7 per their release notes and installation routine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
  4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    using Disktrix here...works good for me..
    But i guess im gonna try UltraDefrag too, wondering if the reg hive defrag works better there or same, sonce i dont have any comparsion..

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Using Auslogics Disk Defrag Free too and i can tell its best, it wont hurt to try something different though :)

6. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    I will test this one, but have to say I like JKDefrag out of all I tested so far.

7. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I've always used PerfectDisk. I am currently using PerfectDisk 2012 and haven't had any issues as such.

8. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

I have tried PerfectDisk as well with good results. I just have a hard time using a defrag that insists on running background processes; O&O and Diskeeper are also known for such.

9. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

JKDefrag is fairly outdated, and if memory serves me right has been replaced with MyDefrag; however, I have used both with mixed results.

10. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, Defragller is really good and fast for short-term emergency defrag, but it's nothing special in a long run, as it has no smart placement methods that would optimize file-to-file access times or minimize further fragmentation.

You can try Puran Defrag too - it's free, has boot-time defrag and all these fancy smart placement methods; but it's not as fast as Defraggler. If you want to try a paid solution, I think that PerfectDisk is the best of them.