Ultra FAIL! PETA says Super Mario Bros. 3 kills raccoons in RL!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Keitosha, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    M M M M M MONSTER FAIL!!! I have absolutely no words for this and there's no facepalm pic to describe this madness. After about 20+ years, they come up with this?? This has to be the most retarded crap EVER!!! And Mario sends a message to kill frogs, bees and anything you can think of as well. What's next? Shooting the pigeons in GTA4?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    oh wait i killed a frog in FROGGER... crushed by a car.

[​IMG]

oh wait i killed a deer and a bear in The Hunter..

oh wait i walled my dog in The Sims and starved it to death..

and they're mad at good ol' Mario for wearing fur?

FUR god sakes! :grin:

3. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    PETA is implying Mario is wearing the racoon tail for fashion.

4. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    I wonder how many of the PETA people ever stop to think of their ancestors wore fur and skins to keep safe from the elements, and that if they didn't they might not be here today. Protecting threatened or endagered species, and jailing people for killing and torturing animals for their amusent is one thing, but come on this retarded.

5. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    HAHA!!! Now that's a good one. But don't give them any ideas. ;) Videogames are already the "cause" for about anything bad happening in the world. :puke2:

6. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    And I bet you tried to shoot the stupid laughing dog in duckhunt too! I know I did.

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    of course i did! [​IMG]

lol yee true, apparently any excuse is good to blame Videogames, don't they get tired? :rolleyes:

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Wow lawlz

This is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen in my life, I'm all for personal decisions and opinions and all, but this is just...On a whole different level.

Protip Peta-You get the raccoon suit by picking up a feather.

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    And another thing... aren't they like... oh iunno, 21 years late on "figuring that this out"? Troll elsewhere please. I never respected peta at all, but dissing Mario? Go die in a hole.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The people at PETA are going to get an Aneurysm when they hear about Skyrim.

11. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^ Was gonna say the same thing about WoW...

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    PETA is good in one thing tho...

[​IMG]

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I think most of the world has already lost any and all respect for PETA.... Hell, PETA kills a higher percentage of animals each year than the ASPCA.... On average, PETA kills 94% of the animals it takes in....just at it's Norfolk, Va Headquaters.. Hate to see how many they actually kill each year.....but, I fail to see how their own actions are ethical. Seems more like they're saying "Animal cruelty is wrong, unless we're the ones doing it"...

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

14. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    One day in the near future, all those aliens you have killed...........

15. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Ha...you beat me to it....was going to post that little truth that PETA tries to hide. Look I'm against animal cruelty as I'm sure most sane people are but PETA can kiss my #@$.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm against animal cruelty..... I support my local SPCA and the ASPCA, but I refuse to support hypocrite groups like PETA that commit acts of cruelty against animals while protesting against it.

Reading that article actually brought back memories for me. A local PETA protest group was arrested several years ago for Assault, Destruction of Property and Animal Cruelty after they chose to dump PIGS BLOOD on customers of a local fur store. They claimed that no act of animal cruelty took place while obtaining the PIGS BLOOD.....yet the pigs had to be killed for them to get the blood. Wouldn't killing the pigs be animal cruelty???

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    [​IMG]

Love it.

18. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Good job PETA didn't see me hit that zebra in Far Cry 2

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I would never abuse any animals, but actually spending money and wasting manpower and resources on stopping it is quite frankly a waste of both. I'd much rather have all those silly "animal police" start being put to actual use instead of saving a few animals here and there and generally accomplishing nothing.

Animal abuse is horrible, but it's not something that's ever going to go away and it shouldn't be prioritized so heavily.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Mkilbride, PETA killed 29,823 from 1998 to 2010....and, as of this year, they've killed more than 30K animals.....

PETA is sorta like Greenpeace.... full of hypocrites... Like certain Greenpeace members who drive gas-guzzling SUV's and fly on private jets, while refusing to share transportation with fellow Greenpeace members... PETA preaches against animal cruelty, while committing more than their fair share of it....

Sadly, you're right.... Regardless of how many video games PETA protests against, it won't make any difference....