ULPS Enable Monitoring

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by 0neSh0t, Dec 11, 2014.

1. 0neSh0t

0neSh0t Member

GPU:
    Strix 980ti SLI
    is there a way to use msi afterburner WITHOUT disabling ULPS to monitor crossfire cards? cause when i have it enabled... it only monitors 1 card other shows 0

my main card is water cooled with a kraken g10 but 2nd uses the trix fan... and i set it to 65% fan while gaming... kinda loud.Gets annoying always switching back to auto when leaving a game.

2. hopeful

hopeful Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    0ne,

That is a very good question and I hope someone comes along eventually and has an answer for you.

I've also had cases where after a bit of fiddling(or confusing AB somehow), I can run ULPS and it will still monitor both cards. Possibly ULPS is still disabled in the registry and AB has simply had a bug.

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    The only way I could get it to work was to open something like gpuz, select the second card after turning my pc on. Then do the small render test for the bus speed. It wakes the second card up.

After that, while the pc is on, the second card was always seen. But I disabled ULPS anyways since the 7950 consume much while idle and both are water cooled anyways.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

You can only see both cards reading (and supposed to see both cards readings) with ULPS enabled if some application with active 3D context is running so the second card wake up and become visible to AMD driver. It is by design of ULPS to give zero readings from non-primary cards in idle state (i.e. when no 3D application is running).

Claims about "confusing AB somehow" and "Possibly ULPS is still disabled in the registry and AB has simply had a bug" are far from reality.