UK Network '3' feedback

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by stone-eye, Jan 14, 2013.

1. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Im just trying to gauge general opinion of a mobile network as im considering a possible switch. Ive been with T-mobile now for 3 years and when it works it works well but when things go awry then T-mobile arent the greatest at getting things sorted and im having some definite issues with them at present.

I quite like the look of the One plan on 3 for its unlimited data and tethering (tmobiles full monty no longer includes this) but am a bit wary of 3 due to hearing bad things about them years back. Ive had a dongle with them for broadband for a while but never had cause to contact them and of course didnt need to fall back on 2G which i believe '3' share other networks for. Anyone have any feedback on them as they are now at all?

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Mobile internet, great, and unlimited. Texts, lots, minutes, not bad for the money. Signal can be patchy at times and the Customer Services are based in India, which can create a significant communication barrier when you talk with a broad Northern accent.

3. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    To give them their dues though indians cant be expected to decipher Northern now can they? :p

By the sound of it they are the same as T-Mobile then (excpet the odd phone call is answered by very helpful welsh people) just with added tethering. Thanks for the feedback, anyone else?

4. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    t-mobile>orange t-mobile>now EE

both networks have now merged and created quite a bit of stress on the 1 network.
    i was recently an orange/EE payasyougo mobile customer and used to get great signal and data speeds, after the merge it got worse and worse until i dithced em and took a sim only deal from talktalk whom i use for landline/bb anyway talktalk use the vodafone network which is 10 times faster than my old connection.

as for 3 i used them for mobile bb when i moved house and was waiting for a net install i could obtain upwards of 2mb and was even able to play some online games albeit with a ping of 115 lol, i have not used 3 for voice but cant see why it would have problems when the mobile bb never once dropped this was about 5 months ago

hope it helps in your choice

5. hashboyuk

hashboyuk Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 660 sc
    im using 3 mobile on a Samsung galaxy s3 and had no issuses. Most of the time I have a full h+ signal and only sometimes does it drop to a 3g signal. I'll ad a screen cap of a speed test when I get home.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  6. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    i have a different feeling towards them and completely opposite, i find their customer service ropey, the signal is poor and overal service is pants only upside is their tarrifs are much better in terms of what you get for the money you pay monthly, thats about it.

cannot wait to get off the network

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Dad's with them for his contract. Needed to get an iPhone 4S unlocked, they wouldn't do it because the IMEI comes up as a iPhone 4 on their system, even though every other site and Apples says it's a 4S, they weren't interested. Had to do a three way call with Carphonewarehouse (CPW) and Three and get CPW to tell the three guy about 10 times it was a 4S not a 4, then a three superviser had to authorise the change. Once that was done the unlock went ok and was quick, pretty useless before then though, but generally the network is fine.

8. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    The best Network for everywhere I've been are Three. O2, Vodafone never give any signal and never ever have 3G signal, whenever you try to use it they just cut off. Orange and TMobile have good signal but really slow speeds, especially since EE launched 4G, their 3G speeds seemed to have dropped.

Three have the fastest 3G by far, it's often as fast as EEs 4G here and considering it has The One Plan with unlimited data then it's much better than 4G.

I always have full H+ signal with Three where ever I go, I travel all round South, though I've never gone up North with it past Northampton so I don't know about their signal past that point.

Free tethering, the bill has always been good, their customer service, while Indian has always been good. I had a dead pixel on my phone, asked to exchange it and they sent a new one while picking mine up for no extras cost or deposit.

The best Network IMO and my friends are all on it now too.

Only down side is My Mother bought an iPhone on Three and the signal on the iPhone is pretty poor, though I'm on Android as my mates are and our signal is amazing. So it's probably just an iPhone thing but the network isn't good on that hardware.

9. hashboyuk

hashboyuk Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 660 sc
    i went from using the iphone range for the last 6 years to a droid and yes the signal on 3 using the iphone was pretty poor, but i think this was down to the phone not the network as for the customer services i havent had to use one in the 2 years ive been with them so i can really comment on them.

10. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Att San Francisco 4g lte 40 down 20 up:banana:

11. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Thanks for the feedback all.

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Put it this way. Its cheap and never had any issues with signal etc, but customer service is crap! But i dont tend to talk to them anyway so its a win for me :)

13. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    3 claims to have good coverage of my area, but sometimes texts can take over 18 hours to leave my SGS 3! :(
    I do often check to see how long it can take to reply to a text when using 3.
    Thank goodness I have a heavy-duty battery in mine.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Are you using custom rom? coz mine has a littel bug, sometimes message just says sending for hours, unless i reboot phone and it sends straight away then.

15. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    No, AndreasGuido, just the bog-standard JB 4.1.2.
    Hadn't thought of rebooting just to see if the texts will go any quicker.
    I'll give that idea a try later on.

16. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Finally got a chance to try out your idea, AndreasGuido, when I replied to a text about an hour ago.
    Needless to say, your suggestion worked fine.
    Instead of the text taking hours to go, it left within seconds after a reboot.
    Thanks very much. :)