1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC 117 [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by MrH, Aug 8, 2010.

1. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    SPOILERS

Hooooooly beep, what a PPV. This was by far the best PPV I have ever witnessed, I'm so buzzed right now I feel like I've had a case of Red Bull.

All fights were great but the main event was absolutely fantastic, I have a new found respect for Sonnen, he really can back up all the smack he talks. Big props to Silva too, you can never count him out.

I think I'm going to hit rewind and watch it again. Well worth the subscription to ESPN.

2. Masterblaster79

Masterblaster79 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    Agreed, one of the best PPV's I can remember. I have to admit, I had been a little disappointed in the PPV's as of late, especially how they are starting to roll them out every 2 or 3 weeks, but this one was great. It was starting to seem like the big name fighters were afraid of getting caught with a lucky punch, but these guys came out ready to bang tonight.

3. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I gained alot of respect for Sonnen but then lost most of it when he clearly tapped and then DENIED it when Silva let him out :wanker: I thought the guy was smart? Has he not heard of replays and not know a camera is at every angle!? :wanker:
    I think Silvas chest had something to do with him not doing as well.... i.e. obliterating Sonnen. He said something about his ribs at the end of the fight and it looked like he was in alot of pain.

4. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Silva pulling off the triangle at the end of the fight reminded me of Chris Leben's recent win like that. Sonnen dominated that fight though so I expect to see a rematch for him pretty soon. I thought all the fights were good except the Alves-Fitch fight. Looks like Hughes is coming back strong after a drop off for a while.

5. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    I HATE that Sonnen did good with all the trash talk he's given.

I believe Anderson simply underestimated him. He got caught early, then it was easier to take down Anderson. Glad he won either way. Specially that I called it 2 minutes before it happened to my GF

6. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I was hoping Silva would get knocked down a peg.

Was really waiting for Sonnen to smash his face in. Especially after that fight with Silva where he pranced around like a dickhead.

Then after he won, bah.
    Not cool how Sonnen tapped then acted like he didn't. Like please.

7. Graek

Graek Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan xp sli Titan x 1
    I was impressed with the choke out by retarded strength from Hughes. People kept saying hes old and finished. But his last two losses were at the time to the #1 and #2 guys in the ufc.

Silva's weakness to good wrestlers was magnified. If guys like Maia or Leithes(sp?) had the kind of takedown skill wrestlers like a Sonnen or Hendo do I'd imagine they'd have a ton more success in mma.

Was a great card. I was glad to see Big Country survive...didnt wanna see him knocked out. Santos definitely had to take something from the fight...cant always knock everyone out. Be good to see him mix in the leg kicks more.

cheers

8. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    Man, im sorry I missed this event! I really thought Silva was going to smoke Sonnen, but it looks like i missed a great fight. Without even watching, I bet money on Hughes to win though. The guy is an incredible fighter, even at his age (which is not THAT old yet, come on).

The last few UFC events really showed that these supposed "undefeatables" like Lesnar and Silva CAN be beaten though. Carwin almost won, and so did Sonnen. Its only a matter of time