Ubisoft First Half Operating Profit Down By 93%

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 5, 2019.

1. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Cough Crysis Cough

Mechanics and fun are depending on person. I personally liked playing FarCry 3, even though it wasn't as "deep" as FarCry 2.
    When realizing the pattern of being put in a game as in sandbox, following triggers and shooting entities, yeah, any game won't be fun.

I am having fun for being taken away from reality. If game manages to suck me in and get me hooked on for a while, it is worth it.

airbud7, SpajdrEX and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. Geoffc

Geoffc Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Many games these days are just not challenging or actually fun from the outset, you have to grind to unlock fun then grind again and that seems like a core mechanic. They also removed the "fear of dying" element that gave you loads of excitement and now it is just respawn - try again. I remember a game that when you died you dropped your most expensive item on your corpse, you had to go back to it and get it before your body faded away (4 hours). It was scary to die and even more challenging trying to get your best item back without dying again creating another corpse that you needed to get. You had to get help from others. It made the game dangerous and the players that took the highest risks got the best stuff. You could see these epic items on them too so some started taking people on organised hunts/quests that lasted hours and there was a 50/50 chance you wouldn't make it.

They also try to include micro payments or DLC in everything these days which makes a game feel like you buy the most basic entry level version. If you look back at the classics that are still played today, even 20 years later on some of them you can see the golden touches that make those games great.

3. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @FM57
    lol, you mean like siege?
    its now 4y old and has more problems in gameplay than i remember from the closed alpha.
    when a game has inconsistent fps, e.g. lobby screen gets 30-50 fps, and on most maps with settings maxed @1440p i get a steady 75,
    only to go to a map with a house in front of me (nothing else that could need gpu power like distance/textures etc) and drop 10-20 fps.
    not even talking about the fact that siege isnt truly rainbow, missing SP campaign or lan mode without internet.
    when was the last time a team of spec ops couldn't have the same weapon on all operators (outside maybe lmgs),
    or to have features that only work in pvp?

unless they go back to something that is similar to lockdown/las vegas, im done with ubi games.
    already got siege and steep, so i will keep those, but that's it.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I never had performance issues with Siege. HD7970/Fury X/RX-580/5700XT.

Which is weird since game is filled with nVidia's stuff. And I got it as one of few exceptions as gameplay was really great.
    What I do not like on game is monetization of classes. By playing it takes painful lot of time to unlock newer classes.
    And it is not like base game itself did cost $10 either. I expected more for my money.

Outside of that, it is best competitive fps with asymmetric gameplay I ever played. If they managed to keep player base, and make offers more interesting, it would be money cow.

5. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    I think Ubi is just pulling a "Poison pill" tactic to prevent them from being taken over. Buying shares, under reporting income is part of that to scare off companies that would buy them. Ubi is by far the least liked company by me, but I don't see them fading away all of a sudden by 93 percent lol.