1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ubisoft: Anno 1800 will be removed from Steam on release date

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 1, 2019.

1. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Member Guru

GPU:
    GT 555M 1GB
    Well most of us are already used to multiple platforms, since I'm sure almost anyone has Steam and Battle.net so another platform doesn't hurt that much to be honest, especially for people here, with tons of ram and fast CPUs. Do I like having 10 platforms, of course not, but do I really care? Not really.

GamerNerves likes this.
  2. Hyderz

Hyderz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070ti
    I have been buying games at least 50% off and i dont see i need to buy them when they have just been released. No need to give them full ammount of your hard earned money anymore. Like most AAA titles they die out within 6 months of release and quite a few of those lack dlc as well.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  3. kings

kings Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    Just because you don't like it, it doesn´t mean it´s a shitty game! Anno is a very well known and successful franchise with many people playing it.

In relation to exclusivity, people complain, but at the end of the day they end up buying it anyway, if they like the game!

See Metro Exodus, huge success in the Epic Store, despite all the hate on the internet!

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    But, it's not.

It's actually attracting developer attention.
    GFWL evolved into UWP/Live
    Origin has 2 sub services now.

Please keep flamebate comments out, do not turn this into epic bad either.

airbud7, fantaskarsef and patteSatan like this.

5. patteSatan

patteSatan Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390
    I just want to know how many that ONLY has Steam?
    I have Steam, Uplay, GOG Galaxy, Origin, Epic Games Store, Battle.net, Glyph, and the Bethesda launcher, I have no problem with that.

And no, they are not running constantly in the background, I start them when I want to play a certain game only.

WalterDasTrevas likes this.
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Aside from Valve's own games and maybe a few VR titles, I would assume practically none are Steam-only (especially if you include consoles). So putting those handful of titles aside, you could probably play any PC game you wanted using each of the services you listed, plus a few others. However, I'd say Steam probably has the largest collection of titles of all platforms.

Although I myself have most of the stuff you mentioned, I've slowly been weeding them all out. Right now, I only have Steam, Uplay, and Battle.net installed, and I could easily get by with removing the latter 2 since I haven't played games from either of them in at least 2 years. This is somewhat deliberate: I'm not all that passionate about gaming, so the more I have to go out of my way to play a game the less I want anything to do with it.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Back when I was less educated, played every trash game (insert: game of your choice) and didn't care about said privacy concerns or the chinese trade wars, but now I only have Steam installed.

airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Steam and GoG only, I have games from the other places but have never touched them because there games I got free that dont care about, and such wont buy games from them. Bethesda games aisde which that launcher isnt even need to play or launch the games. atlest not the current set of games.. im sure in feature there will be no choice in alot this cause they all want there own Digital game/cleint platform now. which I find highly annoying, this is only issue on PC consoles all have 1 centralized digital games/client aka console platform.

I have bunch games on Battle.net epic and uplay but I dont play nor like there clients.

my Personal preference is to have all my games threw steam, 1 account one client, not multiple account multiple clients. or actual physical copies of games

9. patteSatan

patteSatan Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390
    If you are concerned about your privacy, stop using internet, just a tip. ;)

10. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    _
    Exactly! Besides the stores you mentioned, I also access Brazilian stores, and obviously I do not keep 10 clients open simultaneously, just STEAM (friends). The other apps I run only when I play.

patteSatan likes this.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    There's a ton of ways to minimize your online footprint, but I'm probably beyond that point already; by always running my mouth and having to defend myself from the likes of you.

fantaskarsef and airbud7 like this.
  12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    We have to make a distinction between launchers and digital stores because Battle.net is very different from Steam for example. I have Origin, Battle.net and Uplay accounts because they are mandatory to play certain games otherwise i wouldn´t have them with the exception of Battle.Net. Stores i have Steam since Half-Life2 and 2 weeks ago i finally opened my GoG account and bought Sim City 2000, 3000 and 4 for 8€.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Probably no one. We are generally okay with installing another launcher to play exclusive games.

Despite what some people say, exclusivity is not the issue here (never was, never will be). The main reason people are upset about the EGS is that these exclusives were originally set to release on Steam, and so they see Epic as "stealing" these games.

This is the source of the animosity, in my opinion. They see these games as rightly Steam games that Epic has stolen using scummy practices and backroom deals (interestingly enough, the publisher - the one who makes the decision to switch stores - is rarely blamed).

patteSatan and airbud7 like this.
  14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    You don't have to launch them all at start up.

patteSatan likes this.
  15. 4KShmoork

4KShmoork New Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti Extreme
    OOF

First the disaster that was Anno 2070...they want to narrow their audience and potential sales on a release that will likely determine the fate of Blue Byte Studios? Talk about an IP on its heels

16. patteSatan

patteSatan Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390
    It's a business decision, and if some games was "promoted" on steam, it's steams fault, imho.

17. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT73VRE TITAN
    I dont know what to say. I love steam but they need to start doing something. Left for Dead 3 ? Half life 3 ?

18. patteSatan

patteSatan Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390
    I wouldnt mind taking a beer and playing pool/play some darts with you.
    Problem is..I live in northern Sweden.
    I was joking, and you threw the joke right back at me, love that kind of fun.

19. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 2080 FE
    Wasn't gonna buy the game anyway XD

20. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac AMP! 1060 6Gb
    Nope. Division 2 is on Uplay, not steam. So it wasn't removed.