Typical 560 operating temps? Mine running cool :)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sproyd, Sep 27, 2011.

1. sproyd

sproyd Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT650M
    Hi Guys

Just bought an Asus GTX560, the one with the single fan, for BF3. I also knew my current case was having cooling problems, given compact size of the case and the large size of the 560 which was basically jammed on the bottom of the case (small mobo).

So I went out and bought an NZXT Lexa S which has 4 fans (2 intake, 2 out), bottom located PSU with removable dust filter and some great cable management features where you can route cables behind the mobo.

Anyway, on the latest BF3 Beta drivers the temps are so low. Idle 27C and barely getting above high 30s under load?

I want to overclock this card as hard as it will go, so what is a safe high operating temperature for this card? Also, at want point should I be looking at boosting voltage? Sorry the last question should probably be for the OC forum.

Thanks!

2. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    It's very unlikely that your card is only hitting 30 degrees under load, unless you have a bottleneck and your GPU is barely getting used, or is stuck in 2d mode. Run Unigine Heaven the benchmark, along with MSI afterburner and from there you can monitor your GPU usage and temp in real time. When the GPU usage hits 100% under the 3d clock, leave it for around 30min and check your temp after ...

3. Saifz

Saifz Master Guru

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    yea.. ur gpu should be above 60C

4. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Yes, probably even 70's or 80's for some people. If room is hot. Open side case will help temps.. gl

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    He might live in alaska :nerd:

6. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    My GTX560 is highly overclocked from it's default, at idle it runs at 31°C while it's 19°C outside. At full load, the temp. is usually 70°C-80°C, more towards the 70°C but that's at 60% fan. I'm very tempted to overclock it a bit more since i know i can push it very far, from it's default but it's still new and i don't wanna **** it up and i don't really need the extra FPS ....... for now !

7. sproyd

sproyd Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT650M
    Okay, sounds like I haven't been temp tracking properly - only checking temps through Asus utility after running 3DMark11.

How does this sound for a test;

Run Furmark (or whatever that fur thing is) for 20 minutes, while logging temps through GPU-Z?

Will that be an accurate way to show peak GPU temp?

8. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Not really. Opening the case will equalize the pressure between inside and outside. It's preferable to have positive air pressure inside, as it will help the hot air to dissipate faster. That means intake CFM > exhaust CFM. But of course if there isn't much intake CFM in the first place then opening the case might help.

9. sproyd

sproyd Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT650M
    Testing complete - at standard clock it hovers at 67-68C on Auto Fan mode (fan 51%)

Up to what temps will this card be still safe? mid 80s okay or should I stick to the 70s?

10. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Some people say high 80s is fine, but i stick to high 70s

11. k-1

k-1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI SC
    I have the same card overclocked to 1 ghz and temps dont go past 72 degrees under gaming or heaven bench. That is with voltage at 1.087 fan at about 50 percent with auto setting.