1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Worlds II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Buy from gamersgate and support thdm guys. People take food to homes withba good business. Steam guys r already rich. Well i dont think many employees on gamersgate but still even a few people r working. Families etc needs money.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    On the forums the command Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 was discovered to work, disables parallax so terrain is much flatter and less "3D" but AF will work.
    (For a real good example the sewers under and around Hatmandor show the effect nicely, funny how AF mostly works in such interiors though even with it enabled.)

EDIT: Used it to find these commands.
    Engine.ASD Engine.ReflectionDistance Engine.DrawWaterPools Engine.StampsNoFade Engine.GrassUserDistance Engine.GrassUserMultiplier Engine.GrassDisplace Engine.WireframesTerrainDl Engine.WireframesTerrain Engine.Wireframes Engine.StencilShadows Engine.WPDistance Engine.WPLifetime Engine.WPTextureTiles Engine.DisableLodLevels Engine.MaxAnisotrophy Engine.ShowColorMask Engine.VisualiseBonesMode Engine.VisualiseBones Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain Engine.ZPreMinDiameter Engine.UseZPre Engine.ShowPhysXOnly Engine.ShowPhysX Engine.ClipEpsSmall Engine.ClipEpsLarge Engine.DebugConsole Engine.PerfConsole Engine.MBlurScale Engine.MBlurIntensity Engine.GammaPower Engine.GrassFadeFnc Engine.GrassFadeEnd Engine.ShadowSelectorEps2 Engine.ShadowSelectorEps1 Engine.ShadowSelectorEps0 Engine.ShadowSelector1 Engine.ShadowSelector0 Engine.NearPlane Engine.ReloadTextures Engine.DebugVolumes Engine.DrawDland Engine.Shadows Engine.HDR Engine.FOV Engine.DstFarPlane Engine.FarPlane

EDIT: After reading this I decided to check the main island and yeah it's rather under-utilized though as the online map shows it has some uses and areas of interest though it's difficult to explore.

Images.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Just got this installed now, pirated obviously.. i plan on buying the full version IF there is a way around what looks really weird.... ALL of the people iv seen so far (10 mins into the game perhaps) that are human, have bright white faces that looks completely silly.... anyone whos got this had the same issue?

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Are you forcing AA or something like that, was one of the issues discussed on the official forums and the reason was related to AA if I remember correctly, also one of the reasons AA is mostly disabled for now.
    (Also covered briefly in the topic I linked to earlier in regards to DX10 and DX11 functionality update, more info has been added there since then as well.)

5. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Yea i had AAx32 forced on in global settings, iv put it on application control now and its fine... however the games had a hard fail from me, the combat system is absolutely ridiculous, like the dificulty of the game too.

Im getting 1 shot'd off pathetic little enemies, and blocking does absolutely nothing.

However, complaining aside.... The game is pretty sexy, great graphics, looks to be very very well optimized... will just wait to see if they patch the few glitches with the battle system.

6. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Press "~"
    type: engine.HDR 0

It gets rid of the uncessarily overused bloom/HDR that makes most things blurry/glow. Looks much better with out it.

You will have to do this every time you start the game, otherwise do the following:

Create a folder named "Parameters" in your two worlds directory. Inside create a file named "autoexecgame2.con" and put engine.HDR 0 in it. It will execute every time the game runs.

SOURCE

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Engine.gammapower can be used to further refine the over-brightness as well if you use the console to disable the HDR lights, higher is more contrasted. :)
    (Rest of the commands are listed above I use a few to improve grass and distant land plus AF filtering for what little it does without disabling parallax.)

EDIT: Specifially Settings.txt with

TwoWorldsCheats 1
    ThisIsGreatGame 1
    Engine.ReflectionDistance 1500
    Engine.GrassUserDistance 3
    Engine.GrassUserMultiplier 1
    Engine.MaxAnisotrophy 16
    Engine.FarPlane 2400
    //Engine.GammaPower 0.75

And then ingame just via the console @Settings.txt
    (Or the autoexecgame2.con file in the /Parameters folder.)

(Bit rough to just double it like that and max AF but it works, GammaPower left alone for now as I'm still testing it.)

Engine.ASD
    Engine.ReflectionDistance
    Engine.DrawWaterPools
    Engine.StampsNoFade
    Engine.GrassUserDistance
    Engine.GrassUserMultiplier
    Engine.GrassDisplace
    Engine.WireframesTerrainDl
    Engine.WireframesTerrain
    Engine.Wireframes
    Engine.StencilShadows
    Engine.WPDistance
    Engine.WPLifetime
    Engine.WPTextureTiles
    Engine.DisableLodLevels
    Engine.MaxAnisotrophy
    Engine.ShowColorMask
    Engine.VisualiseBonesMode
    Engine.VisualiseBones
    Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain
    Engine.ZPreMinDiameter
    Engine.UseZPre
    Engine.ShowPhysXOnly
    Engine.ShowPhysX
    Engine.ClipEpsSmall
    Engine.ClipEpsLarge
    Engine.DebugConsole
    Engine.PerfConsole
    Engine.MBlurScale
    Engine.MBlurIntensity
    Engine.GammaPower
    Engine.GrassFadeFnc
    Engine.GrassFadeEnd
    Engine.ShadowSelectorEps2
    Engine.ShadowSelectorEps1
    Engine.ShadowSelectorEps0
    Engine.ShadowSelector1
    Engine.ShadowSelector0
    Engine.NearPlane
    Engine.ReloadTextures
    Engine.DebugVolumes
    Engine.DrawDland
    Engine.Shadows
    Engine.HDR
    Engine.FOV
    Engine.DstFarPlane
    Engine.FarPlane

Full list again but slightly more refined.

8. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Are those images of what it looks like during Online play? because if those are Offline, that looks really messed...

EDIT: Nevermind, iv just realized lol.

9. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Thanks for commands list. Is there a detailed description for them somewhere? Also, tested it all a bit, seems that if you have a mighty cpu you can crank Engine.GrassUserDistance to 10 and Engine.FarPlane 3000, that improves things a tad. No use to up these numbers further as well as touching Engine.ReflectionDistance - it just messes IQ up.

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    True, I'm just testing stuff now but it's rather basic the ones I've altered (And for those I just doubled them.) are those I found had some effect that could be used to further image quality in a noticeable way but more testing is needed to find better values.
    (Farplane at high values creates a "seam" in the distant low-detail LOD areas for example and many others are unknown as I couldn't find much of a difference at all from toggling them around whereas others like shadows, parallax, HDR and the like are fairly self descriptive.)

And yeah those images above just highlights what I found from that island, MP is on a different "world" than SP and functions in a similar way to it but based in different lobbies and then player made "rooms" or servers depending on game mode selected and much else, only played scenario so far though to improve my character and fundings.

11. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I created Parameters folder, placed autoexecgame2.con with altered vars there, but it doesn't seem to be auto-loading, settings must still be applied manually in-game. What do I do wrong?

12. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    A few people have had that issue, I think it may have to do with how the file is saved (unicode etc, I've seen it in other games)

Attached is the file with just the engine.HDR 0 just change .txt to .con and add whatever else you want to it.

13. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Not working correctly here either , only the engine.hdr 0 is working. It is a correct file type and .con aswell :(

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    C:\Games\TwoWorlds2\Parameters\autoexecgame2.con

TwoWorldsCheats 1
    ThisIsGreatGame 1
    Engine.ReflectionDistance 1500
    Engine.GrassUserDistance 3
    Engine.GrassUserMultiplier 1
    Engine.MaxAnisotrophy 16
    Engine.FarPlane 2400
    //Engine.GammaPower 0.75

Seems to work, I still use @Settings.txt when in the game to load that file which is placed in the main directory of the game (Settings.txt looks the same.) but it seems to not be needed, in Two Worlds 1 system settings sometimes only worked if applied in both files like this so I've kept it as this for now just to be sure it takes.

15. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 4800 UPCC
    Did any find the command for removing that blur om trees/grass wile running - it's kinda bad for my eyes... :(

16. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That file from attachment doesn't work either. @Settings.txt while in game works. Whatever, I got used to it while playing Dark Athena) Will have to do until someone finds another way around...

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Done with the first chapter now at about 15 hours into the game, taking my time and trying to complete as much as possible, have to say though the NPC's were friendlier in the previous area, haha!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  18. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Just a note on this.

If your like me and in good faith imported the german version only to find that the standard version DOESNT have english language your activation key witht he german game still works perfectly with a english copy from'other' sources.

Glad as i really didnt want to return a game to germany!

Edit: hope that doesnt break any rules but just trying to help honest folk!

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Is it just me or running looks really stupid? Its like character is retarded or something :D

20. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Ha you obviously didnt see the animation in the first one :)