Two New Auzentech Soundcards!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jul 9, 2009.

1. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

dis very encouraging.. now how bout a highend based on the via envy24 (ice1724) ?

auzentech+via envy24: x-meridian II anyone ??

having both 8788/1724(audiotrak hifi) 1724 is just as good probably better

giveth the best dacs/opamps/caps/voltage regulators/etc.. an x-meridian II 1724 based from auzen would easily beat the best offerings from asus :rpg:

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    The studio is 49 and the raider is 59 and there on sell at the site now.

3. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Funny how EAX 5 isn't supported for the Auzentech X-Raider 7.1; edge goes to ASUS now I guess...Clearly budget cards.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    EAX 5.0 on ASUS cards is not real EAX 5.0 anyway...

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Gamerk2 these cards are meant for people who want a card that they can afford that also have swap able op-amps. Not every card has to emulate eax5 or even have the real eax5 to be a good card.

6. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Yeah, ASUS can only emulate EAX 5.0.. it doesn't support it. Only Creative chipsets have it and the last time I checked, ASUS wasn't using a Creative chip. They support up to EAX 2.0, just like the X-Raider, because that is all Creative has allowed any other company to use for free. To get up to EAX 5.0, you will need a Creative chip of which the X-Fi Forte has.. so, really, Auzentech has the leg up on ASUS in that regard.

As for me, a 60 dollar card with swappable opamps is a great steal, so my money is going towards the X-Raider. Its been on sale on the Auzentech site since it was announced I believe, I just want to see if another retailer will have it and maybe for a few bucks less. :p

7. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    I have a doubt: it says on the website that the X-Studio 5.1 uses the VIA ICE 1723 Audio processor. ICE stands for ICEnsemble, a company I think VIA acquired many years ago. A search for ICE 1723 led me to a processor called VIA VT 1723, which again represents an Envy24DT (called at VIA's site as "Tremor").

You can see the specs of the VIA Tremor here:

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/controllers/tremor/

The specifications, are, well, not so hot for analog outputs. For digital I guess it would be fine but 96KHz sampling rate does seem a bit low since most good soundcards these days do 192KHz :)

Personally, I would think the CMI 8768 is a much better chip and the ten dollar difference is worth paying if only for the EAX support :)

Well, in any case, have I identified the chipset correctly? It seems fine for an entry level soundcard but if the entry level user is using analog outputs then IMO even onboard HD audio will do better than this (VIA) chip because at analog it is restricted to 20bit/48KHz. CPU load is not something to worry about because the VIA chips including Envy24 (at least some Envy24 models) did that via Sensaura (and now Qsound) on the CPU (I think).......

8. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I might be building a HTPC from old parts for Blu-ray playback (However, it'll just have stereo analog output because my A/V receiver is old).

Anyways, I'm looking at the X-Raider. Has anyone tested these cards out yet?

If not the X-raider, I'll through in my old AV-710.

9. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    no real but works like a charm! who needs eax this days openal will be the future

10. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    That AV-710 should be just fine for your HTPC
    I remember when they came out.
    Pretty good card.

11. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, I mean the Raider and X-Studio chips are limited anyways.

The max bit depth for analog output on the X-Studio is 20 bits and 48kHz max (only the digital out goes to 24/96)

Also, the X-Raider is limited to 16 bit (but up to 96 kHz) playback for analog output (the chip is an integrated DAC). Again, digital output goes to higher bit depth.

Anyways, since PAP doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon, it might not matter - unless I crack the BD movies.

How many BD movies use 24 bits or 96 kHz sample rate?

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I had bookmark to a list but lost it, then the drivers for both has to support non downsample like how asus does for analog for there drivers. Most are 24bit/48khz movies. few i seen was 16bit/96khz etc.