TV-OUT image looks like trash

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by galneon, Sep 7, 2007.

1. galneon

galneon New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I've been using my laptop for a while as a DVD player/vintage game console hooked up to my HDTV. It's always done fine, but lacks the horsepower for more modern things I wanted to do. I decided to start using my desktop's 7950GT to output 480i and 1080i via component to my HDTV. It looks infinitely worse at 480i than my 5-year-old laptop (which uses S-Video) and the 1080i image is virtually unusable. Shaking is the main problem, and it doesn't seem to reflect the refresh rate which is of course 60 hz. It's an EVGA-branded card and my component cables are very high quality. Is the TV-OUT just trash on all GeForces? Now it looks like I'm going to have to order a DVI to HDMI cable, which means I'll have to do some rerouting with my TV setup...

Am I missing something here? Is there a 3rd party tool that would allow me more control over the TV-OUT? Or is it just utter filth that no one uses?

2. Killer7

Killer7 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 88000GTS 320mb @ 600/1500/1900
    make sure you have the right settings in the nvidia control panel, refresh rate and the such.