Turning GeForceFX to QuadroFX with SQ4 on 44.03. Important clarifications.

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 16, 2003.

1. freaky888

freaky888 Guest

RW: How difficult was your card to quadro?

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How difficult was your card to quadro?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think that it wasn't hard at all!
    Just the plain old recipe..:

Installing Detonators for GeForce 5900
    Installing RivaTuner
    Patching 45.28 Detonators ("SoftQuadro4 w2k.rts" & "NVStrap antiprotection w2k.rts")
    Installing NVStrap driver
    Setting PCI DeviceID to "Quadro"
    Rebooting, stopping "Found New Hardware" auto-installer
    Removing all old "C:\WINDOWS\inf\*.inf" files containing the word "nvidia"
    Installing the patched 45.28's from Device Manager
    Rebooting.

But when comparing this to RT 15.3's new "no drivers patched" feature,
    (from what I've read so far, you should now use non-patched drivers)
    it *IS* a bit more effort..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, If I do these things (Using a detonator 6xxx) would It works over a 6600 gt?

Other thing, with a SLI combination (2 6800gt or 2 6600 gt) if I softmod the drivers into Quadro, will they work in SLI or individualy. I say that becouse I know that there are some Quadro with SLI technology but I don't thing if it's correct to 2 card 'softmodded'

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    I will say this again: no patches are necessary for 6XXX cards. Just use NVStrap. (and use search next time since this is the N^N th time i am answering the same questions)
    You cannot softmod cards working in SLI. It will only work for the first card. The second will remain being a GeForce. Also, be aware that the newest b(ey)atches of PCI-e 6XXX card are not Quadro moddable yet.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  3. freaky888

freaky888 Guest

Outch I'm sorry I think I had read all the post without seeing nothing about SLI and Softquadro but It could be that I don't realize it
    Thanks for answering so quickly, I was going to on Monday to buy to 6600 gt but after reading your repply I think better I buy a xfx fx6800 gt hopping it could be moddable (I use the PC for Rhinoceros Mechanical Desktop 3dSmo and so on)

Thanks again

4. jeuda

jeuda Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 OC 3GB
    just wanna update a little, 45.28 is modd-able driver?

5. antman64

antman64 Guest

afaik yes. not for the 5600 though i dont think.

6. momoto

momoto Member

GPU:
    FX5800 moved resistance @FX2000?iN
    It is written that the valuable information doesn't disappear.

Information for senior person

ID changes because of rewriting.
    BIOS ID 000050+C~+F
    FX 500 80 20 C0 80
    FX 540 80 A0 F0 80
    FX 700 80 30 B0 80
    FX3000 80 01 E0 80
    FX3400 &
    FX4000 80 A8 70 81

Please go by the self-responsibility.
    I do not assume the responsibility.

7. momoto

momoto Member

GPU:
    FX5800 moved resistance @FX2000?iN
    Warning

It dies when 81 is written excluding NV40 or NV45.
    The video card dies.
    ttp://white.ap.teacup.com/quadro/

8. arhilover

arhilover Guest

can anyone tell me how to transform my fx5200 into a QuadroFX?
    i need to know the steps and the software...
    please....
    i really need this...
    thanks

9. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    There is a howto in the stickies.

10. brewz

brewz Member

Geforce FX 5200 to Quadro FX 500

Amazing this really works and is almost as good as my Quadro FX 1100 and much much much cheaper... My Geforce FX 5200 64Meg is now a Quadro FX 500...works great for 3ds max. I've tested this with high poly counts and screen redraw is excellent.

The card is no good for games but the Rivatuner softmod is absolutely incredible and a simple procedure. I wish I'd known about this before...any one in need of a Quadro FX 1100 check my listing on Ebay ; )

THANKS FOR RIVATUNER

11. wizdigital

wizdigital New Member

GPU:
    geforce 5600
    Where do i find installation instructions? What do I have to install? I have a Geforce5600 with 256mb on an athlon 2600+. This is a dream come true for me - I wish to use opengl in SoftImage XSI.
    Please forgive my ignorance, just looking for a nudge in the right direction.

12. brewz

brewz Member

For Geforce5600 try: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95150&highlight=quadro

Basically you need to use Rivatuner and patched nvidia drivers as mentioned above.

I don't know about checking the results in SoftImage XSI but if you can run Maxextreme and if 3ds Max runs well then you have successfully softmodded because it's not possible to install Maxextreme unless the operating system believes you have a Quadro installed.

I was extremely suprised when softmodding worked with my humble 64Meg V9520 Magic geforce 5200...astounded in fact. If I'd known before I would'nt have purchased a Quadro FX 1100 which cost $380 a year or so ago.

I got the FX1100 solely to use with 3ds max and have since noticed that it is the ability to enable Maxextreme that provides the biggest performance increase and my softmodded geforce 5200 - quadro 500 FX experiment proved to get very close to performing the same kind of viewport poly crunching in shaded mode and even seemed to outperform the "real" FX1100 in wireframe mode...outstanding!

PS: I have recently purchased a Geforce 6800 AGP and intend to try softmodding it to a Quadro FX 4000!... will post the results.

PPS: Anyone know which Geforce will softmod to a Quadro FX 3000?