Turning GeForceFX to QuadroFX with SQ4 on 44.03. Important clarifications.

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 16, 2003.

1. sponka

sponka Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 5850
    Hi Leonid!

I think many users will be grateful for this.

Right now I'm in the middle of the project for faculty and cannot afford bad mod + friend, who does this soldering stuff is on vacation in Australia :D

Anyway, better to start collecting info.

Thanks again,
    b.

2. mosaic

mosaic Guest

I used the drivers patched by RivaTuner and Softquatro4.In display properties windows it says Quatro FX3000 on Philips 109E... but when I changed to advanced settings GF FX5200 is still there.Is this a succesfull tweak ? Or how can I test my tweak is ok ?

Thanks

3. sponka

sponka Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 5850
  4. lwfx

lwfx Guest

I i want nod my geforcefx 5600 to quadro fx i want try whis 44.65
    how do this . i read the post but the instruction is for geforce fx 5200.
    please give me the solution

5. fefed

fefed Member

GPU:
    FX5900 @ Quadro FX3000
    i have the 5700U modded by user "alura" and it runs really well. :cool:

6. lwfx

lwfx Guest

oki good but how to ,i read your post with alura , i think you'r italian ,i 'french and not speak italian sorry ,just littel english if you have the possibility to explain me in inglish or if you want in italian , i search a traduc after.
    i think for do this mod i do change the bios no ?
    or just patch wihis the sq4 and rt .
    i try to patch whis sq4 and rt but i'm not have the experience whis a gforcefx
    and by the post of shaka i's obligation to chose an id for harwar wat id choise?
    i'm novice for this ! :(
    please mail me or contact me on yahoo messenger
    thank per advence

7. fefed

fefed Member

GPU:
    FX5900 @ Quadro FX3000
    if you have a 5600 i think you just need to mod the drivers with SQ4 and activate Quadro forcing with RT.
    It's not sure the mod will work but trying doesn't cost much....;)

my board has hardware mod and a partial bios mod. waiting for full bios flashing

8. masterlee

masterlee New Member

GPU:
    FX5800
    Still waiting for the latest release of RT,Thank to the developer as well.
    The picture below is my soft Quadro result
    [​IMG]

9. kinchnki

kinchnki New Member

GPU:
    Yington GeforceFX5800 128MB
    i moded YINGTON G5800 with 44.65 justnow. i'm not sure whether it goes well, for when patching the nv4_disp.dll, it reported a error. But when i use MAX open a model it only costs 2 sec, last time it cost 5 min and caused a crash!!!
    by the way, which version of nv4_disp.dll fit the patchscript of RT14.3, tks.

10. masterlee

masterlee New Member

GPU:
    FX5800
    So I just tried the driver 52.16 for NV,it seemed to be all right,but when I started to paly CS1.5,the computer failed to work.Maybe the NV CORP had done something with the driver to protect the Quadro option.

11. kinchnki

kinchnki New Member

GPU:
    Yington GeforceFX5800 128MB
    Unwinder said before, the protection has been modified since 44.65. i didn't test any higher versions of drivers yet, it seem work properly without patched nv4_disp.dll.
    tonight i tested MAXtreme 4.00.09 on MAX5 with my "FX2000",
    maybe successful. Although the loading of file costs lots of time, rotation of model runs wonderful with no delay at all in a smoothed viewport.
    i'm now looking for a proper nv4_disp.dll. the unpatched is not perfect, i hate

12. DamjanMX

DamjanMX Guest

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, I have a MSI fx 5950 ultra, and I wanted to mod it to qudro fx 3000. But I'm either out of luck or knowledge. I followed the instructions from this topic using latest RivaTuner and 45.28 detonators. But when I restart the computer I get an UNKNOWN graphics processor in the display properties??!?! I CAN install maxtreme on max6 but preformanse is still the same as it was with regular 5950ultra. And in display properties now I have only 3 resolutions from which I can choose (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024) ?!?!?!

Is there any help for me?

thx 100000x

cheers
    DamjanMX

13. Bibo

Bibo Active Member

GPU:
    X-Micro GeForce FX 5900
    In NVstrap try to select Custom and then 0338 Quadro 3000.
    Do not restart your system yet. Remove your nVidia driver from Control Panel and be sure that your 45.28 driver is in a directory patched properly.
    Now restart, your card needs do be installed, point at the patched driver directory and your card will be recognized as a Quadro.
    Enjoy!

14. DamjanMX

DamjanMX Guest

Thx, off to try it...

15. DamjanMX

DamjanMX Guest

It works!!! Thx man! If you ever come to Sebia I'll buy you a beer!

Update: Everything works, but prefomanse in max is no better than it was with regular 5950u?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2004

16. Davefall

Davefall New Member

17. DamjanMX

DamjanMX Guest

Re: MaxTreme

I did that in the first place, but it did not help....thx anyway

18. loop29

loop29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    I´m at it, I pulled off the heatsink and the heatspreader and gonna solder that nv30 baby pretty soon. Damn, these resistors getting smaller and smaller, I´m afraid that I´m gonna blow that chip if I gonna try to solder it with my soldering iron. I will go out and let an electronic shop do the work for me.... : )
    Gonna report back on how things are going. What´s bugging me is that I´m now back on my Geforce 4 Ti and the picture is much better than with the FX 5800 : (

regards

19. blackrat

blackrat Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850
    OpenGL for Stereo3D

I would need to activate the OpenGL for a Stereo3D application on a GeForceFX5600Ultra.

But I also want to use the NvidiaStereo3D drivers, and it seems they are checking the Detonator version and can only be used for 45.23, 56.56, 56.64

Has anyoned tried with the 45.23 or perhaps a combination with 45.33? But I think, it must be recongnized as 45.23 for the stereo3d driver, is it.

Will ther ever be a SoftQuadro Patch for the 5x.x Detonators?

20. loop29

loop29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Well, that was a failure. I did the hardware mod with good tools and 2 soldering irons, but the damn thing doesn´t work. uhm, maybe I will check back if I can´t find more resistors directly connected to the bios, I don´t trust nvidia on this.
    Unwinder, does RT really reads out the hardwired ID in the report?
    Because it now reads it out as the original 0302 device ID in RT after the mod. I must have made a mistake somewhere....

regards