Turning 9500 np to 9700pro

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Bill_Gatez, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Bill_Gatez

Bill_Gatez Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9600 256MB
    I've been reading on doing this and I would just like to have the process laid out and links to info and files needed. If it already exists in this forum sorry for brining it up again but I couldn't find it, I did search.

Now from my understanding first you get the card
    Then you patch the driver, using riva tuner????
    can someone please post a link to rivatuner that has the script to do the conversion. Then you flash the bios and overclock away. Then check for artifacts

does that sound like the correct process? if not can someone edit it and correct. Also can we have a list of files that we need and possibly links to them.

Thanx from a noobie
    :D

2. SirkoZ

SirkoZ Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB - Mmmm, SmoothVision :drool:
    Though it's been said before, it doesn't hurt to say it again - you just go to:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/ ,
    download the latest modded ATI driver and the driver itself will unlock the additional 4 pipelines ---> turn the card into a 9700/pro.
    Then test it with 3DMark 2003/2005, Doom3, FarCry and if it works well, you benefit quite a lot. If not (artifacts are showing), you just uninstall these drivers and install the unmodded ones from ATI: www.ati.com .
    This is a nice softmod procedure, so nothing can go wrong with doing it, unless the card is overheating (already) or you overclock it. ;)

3. Bill_Gatez

Bill_Gatez Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9600 256MB
    So what's with all the other steps I read about ????

like using rivatuner, flashing the bios and so on?

4. Evil-Taco

Evil-Taco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtec nVidia 6800 GT Pci-Express
    There not needed if you have the modded drivers.

5. Bill_Gatez

Bill_Gatez Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9600 256MB
    cool thanx man :D what about if you don't have the 9500non pro on the 9700 PCB will these moded drivers atleast make the card into a 9500pro??? or will I have to do all that other stuff?

6. Bill_Gatez

Bill_Gatez Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9600 256MB
    what would the chances be that this card could be turned into a 9700??? it's 9550 but the PCB and the L shaped RAM is there?

[​IMG]

7. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9700 @ 325/580 (3.6ns hynix..)
    9550 isn't radeon 9500 core, it's a radeon 9600NP/SE, with 250/400 clocks instead of 325/400 and it's overclocking capped in the bios.

8. Antigen

Antigen Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA e-GeForce 6800 128MB DDR AGP; 16x1,6vp@400MHz
    So your saying that pretty much the slowest dx9 card today, cant be turned into the fastest dx9 graphics card of yesterday!??

I mean it makes perfect sense!!! : D

9. Bill_Gatez

Bill_Gatez Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9600 256MB
    but what about flashing it to say a 9600? they are inexpensive cards so killing it is not a big deal.