TUF 5700 windows will not shut down

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by grumpynator, Jan 13, 2021.

1. grumpynator

grumpynator Member

GPU:
    tuf 5700rx 8gb
    Since 20.11.1 my computer will not shut down fans and led stay on ,i have tried loads to sort this even clean install off windows any driver after 20.11 1 causes this problem all so idle temp has gone from 31-41 with new drivers also when i install drivers they will get to 96%and then screen will go black and noting i have to do hard reset then windows will do it auto fix page restart and it works drivers work with games then no crashes or hangs just shut down problems and help plz

2. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    sounds hardware related to me have you tried reseating the card or another pcie slot.
    you said clean reinstall of windows was this a reset or an actual new install with a complete Hard drive wipe as well?
    I would use DDU, clean all drivers and restart in safe mode (shift and restart at login) anddelete all amd folders on C drive (not program files)
    Am assuming you checked connections to the GPU and that its not full of dust?
    Try another HDMI cable faulty cables can do weird things.
    Finally before you do any of the above reset your Bios to default and try it

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Are you by chance using insider version of windows. I got dud version which refused to update itself, so I did clean install.
    With all troubles this version gave me, I got system which turned off peripherals upon shutdown, but did not actually power off MB.

I did disable hibernation file in windows and in BIOS Suspend to RAM. Since then it shuts down just fine. I am not using sleep anyway.

And you can try: shutdown -s -f -t 0

suty455 likes this.
  4. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Good idea actually had similar with an insider myself bout 2 years ago not used it since PITA

5. grumpynator

grumpynator Member

GPU:
    tuf 5700rx 8gb
    I did disable hibernation file in windows/ And you can try: shutdown -s -f -t 0 done if your read my post its driver problem because if i uninstall 20.12.1 with ddu and reinstall 20.11.1 it works fine so not hardware as such and using windows 20h2 thanks for input