Trying to SLI 2x GTX 680 both EVGA SC Sig1

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by zhengzhoudave, Apr 2, 2015.

1. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    Hi all, looking for some SLI advice as it's my first SLI and I'm having problems.

I've been running an ASUS p8z68-v with a Single 2GB EVGA Signature 1 GPU in a Pci-e x16 slot for a while now and have very recently purchased a 2nd.

I didn't realize it at the time as it wasn't advertised but this is a 4GB version just being sold on ebay for the same price everyone else is selling the 2GB versions, so in that sense I feel lucky.

They both have the same amount of cores and are identical chips, the only difference is the VRAM

I've run both cards in both the primary and secondary Pci-e slots and the both run several benchmarks and games absolutely fine.

I've uninstalled and swept for Nvidia drivers too.

HOWEVER: I still can't get the sli settings to pop up on the Nvidia control panel unless I disconnect the SLI bridge and then it only says that it's disabled.

ANY IDEAS would be most welcome!

2. wtbarms

wtbarms Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 fe
    Same at the topic below this.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/469402/

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Not lucky tbh, return the 4gb card and get another 2gb card. You might want to try a sli hack and see if that works. Google it.

4. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    Wow, It's not like I hadn't considered this but after reading a million and one recent posts from people who say the vram simply downscales to the lower card you can hardly blame me for not knowing this, ****e! :bang::bang::bang:

EDIT: Not on this site btw, but other places like tomshardware etc, full of peple who say you can do this!