Tryin to make DVD movie the hard way

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by babylon52281, Jun 5, 2007.

1. babylon52281

babylon52281 Guest

GPU:
    Winfast 6600GT / Intel GM
    Just like it says, i got a movie split in 2 files. the format is .ogm, its dual audio with on/off subtitles. i would like to burn this into 1 seamless dvd movie with interactive menus to select the audio language and/or using the subtitles.

I have Nero 6 and Sonic RecordNow that came with my dell. anybody can guide me through?

2. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    First, It's not DVD, But this can do what you want: Try using DIVX. Drag the two files into the Divx converter, (you have the option to join them), and it will bookmark the different parts as chapters.

3. babylon52281

babylon52281 Guest

GPU:
    Didnt work, the format's not supported.

4. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    ogm is a container, it holds video/audio/subtitles/etc., you will have to extract the different streams, some form of mpeg-4 video (divx or xvid most likely), the audio (i hope for your sake it is not vbr-mp3 because you will have to re-encode the entire audio stream to maintain sync with the video), and the subtitles. you can then probably take the elementary streams and bring them into your dvd creation software, to re-encode the entire video stream and most likely the audio again, and this is if you are lucky and the subtitle format is supported.
    doesn't sound too easy does it? sorry, but that's how it goes...

5. babylon52281

babylon52281 Guest

GPU:
    Eheh. i did say its difficult. But a precise guide would be appreciated. im not in a hurry though

6. ultimate360

ultimate360 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GT KO 256MB
    D/L Nero 7 (I am not going to say any thing else.). Then open up Nero Vision. On there, choose the option to make a DVD with video files. Then just drag the files to the box and burn off! :)

7. babylon52281

babylon52281 Guest

GPU:
    Hmm. my nero6.6 does not support ogm format. does nero7 supports it?

8. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    right, you want to go ahead and try this.. here ya go..
    download virtualdubmod use it to open your .ogm file.
    go to the streams menu - select stream list - select your subtitles and click demux, if your audio is anything but MP3, you must also select your audio stream and click demux saving it to the same location you saved your subtitles. double click on either/both streams (if you demux'd both, disable both) and close the stream list.
    press f7 to save the file, select to save as .avi container, and click the DIRECT STREAM COPY - DO NOT RE-ENCODE WITH VDUB! save your file with your other streams, and there you have it. if your audio or subtitles are not supported by the dvd authoring program you are using, you will need to convert them. for audio conversion you can use dbpoweramp, for the subtitle conversion, i don't know if there is anything that will work, but you can try subtitleworkshop.
    just so you know ogm is not a format, it is a container, just the same as avi, it holds the same streams, however it allows support of more variations on those streams. another container format is mkv, which allows for even more variations. the video file inside is most likely still a standard mpeg4 (divx or xvid).
    i doubt the menu creation in the software you have will be very good, i also think you are better off creating two movies, but a 'playlist' (a standard dvd feature) that plays from one to the next, as the audio/video may not re-join as easily as you might hope.
    basically, all this work.... may be in vain, as your file may not convert well, and you might be disappointed in the outcome..