tron evolution aa?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by prodigy *, Jan 2, 2011.

1. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    could someone please tell me how toget aa working in this game and adjust the res to 1920 1200 cos it is set at 1680 1050 ive read about the strings that ppl do to get the aa working but i havent got a clue how to get these working..

thanks colin....

2. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    Have you tried forcing it in nHancer or Nvidia Control Panel?

3. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    yes mate i even d\l that nvidia inspector thing to it waont save the settings i put into it...:(

4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Did you give Nvidia Inspector admin rights?

5. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
  6. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx

how do you that mate...

7. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    Bump bump

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    here you go, btw i made that request but Ganjastar pinpointed out its already here, just with the wrong AA compatibility string :nerd:

[​IMG]

first open Tron profile >> add all available exe files; grid.exe, gridgamelauncher.exe, gridgamelauncherc.exe..

then click on that magnifying glass and wait to scan for available aa compatibility strings (i marked the wrong one, its one to the right - it looks like a magnifying glass)

now add MassEffect II aa flag force aa and hit apply, that's it.. or you can try UT3 , GOW aa string (0x000100C5) >> both are ok.

btw; you can go to grid.engine.ini cfg file and higher smooth framerate (i chose 120fps as max) it will run smoother with less tearing, im now averaging at around 80-110fps..

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  9. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    Either you rightclick on NI and select "Run as Administrator..." or you use this button to create a shortcut with admin rights.

10. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    thanks hunter how do you save these settings theres only apply...

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    yes, first select the thing you want to change, then hit apply..

maybe hit apply two times just to be sure.

:)

12. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    thanks mate can you change the res ive tried to do it in the config files but it wont work for me any advice...

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    sure np :nerd:

hm idk, it worked fine here in in-game options
    [​IMG]

but you must be logged in to GFWL at least offline account, otherwise it won't let you save... but i guess you already know that :D

14. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    Once you change manually the res in the config files right click on the config and mark as read only

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i had AA working since day one (since i got the game) easily, the Stalker profile in nhancer did the trick, infact 90% of games work with the stalker profile, other profiles like Oblivion or Mass Effect might work well but the Stalker one (at least from experience) seem like the universal choice.

simply renaming the exe to XR_3da.exe and forcing AA in CP works with most games, nhancer though is a cleaner way to apply AA.

16. gold333

gold333 Member

GPU:
    GTX670CUII oc'd

Thanks for this.

But what do you mean gridengine.ini ?

My install does not have that .ini.

Which specific fps line in the .ini do you mean,.. I can search for that line and find the ini you mean.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    its found in C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Disney Interactive Studios\Tron Evolution\UnrealEngine3\GridGame\Config>> GridEngine

but make a backup first, just in case.

I made a thread about it as i was wondering how to get rid of those blob shadows?! and posted some other tweaks, like bigger pool size and disabled background level texture streaming, etc. But dont use those that say (for testing), i was experimenting with those shadow options...
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=335201

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    because the stalker AA flag is supersampling. an extremly brute force, resource hog version of Antialiasing. it demolishes performance and I would never use it unless nothing else works. (yo probably dont notice the performance hit as much with older tech such as u3 engine on a gtx480)

Anyways, i made a thread at another forum with info on nvidia AA flags.

hopefully that helps clear out the confusion with the basics, any particular questions and AA values for other games, feel free to ask.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  19. prodigy *

prodigy * Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 470gtx
    i tried to adjust the res to 1920 1200 in the GridEngine and it stays the same 1680 1050 what amidoing wrong and yes i put the flie to read only..... my monitor is a 28 inch widescreen... thanks for reading this.

regards colin...

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    not really, i used the stalker profile even with my previous Gtx260 with many games and it never "demolished" any of my games except 1 or 2 games u3 engine based (avatar and Wolfenstein) other games ran fine and looked good, on the other hand i agree with the gtx480 performance is always high in the 50-60fps range.

i didnt know supersampling was enabled by default though, so thanks for the info ;)