Triple Asus Monitor Problems with Nvidia Surround

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Joshua Rollins, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Joshua Rollins

Joshua Rollins New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 OC3
    Problem : I recently purchased my third monitor. I had two nice 27 inch 1440p Asus PG278QR monitors. I purchased a Asus PG27UQ to add as a central monitor because of its high contrast ratios and ability to go 4k if I wanted. I figured I could use that for some tasks or games at a higher resolution, or switch to 3 monitor surround at 1440p for other ones.

After getting them set up and mounted, I've discovered that surround does not correctly detect their possible resolutions, so it offers me some 3000 by 700 resolution, and really they just blink all over the place and freak out. My details : I'm using a EVGA 3080 and have fresh drivers all set up. I prepped by setting all 3 monitors to 1440p and 120mhz so they matched. But I enter into Surround and nothing. Does anyone have a fix or help for this? Am I just out of luck for this feature because my middle display is different?

Feeling a little hopeless. Anyone got a pocket full of sunlight?

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Did you use CRU to look at the new monitor's EDID info?

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try lowering refresh rate to 60 until you get the resolutions sorted out in surround, I recently had 3x 1080p 27" in surround and it was such a pita I got rid after a few weeks

chinobino likes this.
  4. Joshua Rollins

Joshua Rollins New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 OC3
    I did look at it. PG27u didn't have any resolutions in the middle box. However 1440p is not supported. I also tried to add a custom resolution with NVidia for the PG27uQ and hit the test button and the whole thing went black so. I ended up DDU ing because the flicker was getting so bad as I messed with all of the settings. I did not add new resolutions as 1440 wasn't available.

After the total reinstall it is a little more stable. Although, if I am running a 4k program on center monitor and alt tab, sometimes the center program crashes.