1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRI-SLI + Geforce Experience = Something went wrong...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Jan 15, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 1080ti-XOC BIOS
    Doing tri-sli gtx 970's for testing purposes, Installing geforce experience went fine, after restart, soon I start the program, I get an error message:

Something went wrong, restart program.

I restarted program, same thing.

I also deactivated sli and gave it a try, still same thing.

This with using DDU/Driver sweeper then doing clean install of nvidia drivers.

I tried recording through windows game DVR, tons of hitching during playback, also, when trying to playback through VLC, system resets itself.Just to let everyone know, Normal 2-way sli doesn't do this.

Just to let everyone know, Normal 2-way sli doesn't do this, AND, 3-way sli works perfectly

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 1080ti-XOC BIOS
    Ok just to let everyone now, I finally found out the cause of it. Right now, I am doing some 4 way testing and I can confirm now it works, never did a quad setup, always wanted to.

What was the cause of it? Well If you all go to manage 3d settings within the nvidia control panel, then go to sli rendering mode, there is a setting called 3-gpu alternate frame rendering or 4-gpu alternate frame rendering.

Well I am on a quad setup now, so the setting that was causing this issue was the 4-gpu alternate rendering. If I put it at nvidia recommended, everything is sweet as candy, I already confirmed it, this was the root of cause of it.

I highly suspect the cause of the tri-sli issue is the 3-gpu alternate frame rendering setting but I am on 4-way, will give heads up later, but yes 4-way works perfectly.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019