TRI Fire 5870/eyefinity PROJECT/benches!!! post yours.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Bodar, Sep 29, 2009.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    why? Too much spent?

2. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    So I benched for 2 hours.. Passed the cpu test on 3dmark06 at 5.04ghz with 1.65v
    Then I ran the whole thing later and it crashed.. No go.. :( Used my whole bag of dice benching.. Dont understand why the temps go so far down when I pack the ice into the pot.. when I dont pack it in there, temps shoot up to the moon at -7c.. Why?? Insulation looks to be covered.. Now The temps are the problem.. It even reads correct on my multimeter. :) Oh well.. hopefully it's a step by step.. Maybe I just need ln2 :)

3. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    if u can run prime95 for long without errors but not 3dmark then u need find other reason than cpu, might be nb or something else(tbh no idea if xeon systems uses nb)

4. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    Yes. and he's using the X58 chipset.

5. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    because whatever u freeze with LN2 takes about 10 seconds to unfreeze at room temperature. so you can imagine a hot cpu. u have to alway mantain the pot with LN2 that is my guess.

6. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Bodar, can I ask which driver did you use for the RE5 benchmark? Did you run the benchmark on Windows 7 x64

7. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Yeah, I ran the benchmark with win 7 64 bit. I used the latest ATI drivers from right here at guru3d... I had to run vantage a million times before the fps actually read correctly.

i'm going to try again, but I think you guys are right when you say that it's my
    Board. I think this board is nice, but on the enthusiast boards I could set my voltage to 4.46v @ 4.87ghz with the xeon or i7 and boot into windows no problem when it was below -7c. I have to pump at least 1.55v into this mobo to get the cpu to boot at 4.72ghz. Oh well, I'll try to run it again.. I have the windows 7 party tomorrow night and want to showcase some eyefinity action with all the friends here while running the new win 7 64bit. I've got two p6t7 ws supercomputer boards.. one for rma through asus, the other back to newegg.. My xeon is gone so back to newegg as well.. The 4-way classified I was using burnt up so that's on the way to evga..oh..and my new ocz vertex turbo crapped out too.. rma to ocz.. Man.. :(

8. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc

ooOO men.. that´s a lot broken hardware.. but keep doing all this men.. we aprecciate your work..

9. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Thanks so much man!! :) i appreciate it. Always trying to get the most out of this hardware to showcase exactly what it can do and how far it can go.
    I probably have about 1 month to wrap it up before I do the same with the gt300's.

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Mere mortals would have broke down and cried by now.Keep yourself in good spirts and have a ****ing blast at your party tomorrow.Heres wishing you good luck from now on with your hardware.

11. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Thanks Gerard! Hope all goes well from now on.. I'll post pics/video of the party. the 10 day wait period for rma is going to kill me :)

12. EddieG

EddieG Master Guru

GPU:
    A few
    Think he's only on DIce....it needs to be in an acetone bath.

And Bodar > If that is a Koolance tube, you should get proper results with it. But only DIce. A full tube should easily run the longer benches.

Just takes patience with the setup as I'm sure you know by now.

Good luck

13. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

why 1 more month? I thought u owned the hardware?

I mean aren't u going to keep them for game playing in the future?

14. Lutfi

Lutfi Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870X2 Trifan
    maybe, he want to sell it and try the gt300 next.. paper dragon :D

15. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I usually dont game anymore.. just run benchies! :) Just wanted to get the stats for all you guys here at guru3d.. once the gt300's arrive I'll be all over that. :)

16. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Paper dragon sounds great right now!! :)

17. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    so if you really do that, only benchies.. Hilbert should think in ask you to be part of the guru3d team.. :nerd:

The fact is that you and Chipsy have the most expensive and hardcore gaming hardware the money can buy, which is great and most of all FUN.

And as somebody said "you live my dream", for me is not a dream but is fun to see how you get the most of those hardware..

I realized you have a band (i heard one of your song and is a good mix of electronic and others thing :) which is great ), but, making music, written and all these stuff you got do, how do you do to get enough time to work in benchies. ?

18. dmanna80

dmanna80 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    damn Bodar I dont know you because I am new to the boards, but thats one expensive habbit you got going there. I am so jealous, at first I thought you were kinda nuts but then I thought if I had the money... I might do the same thing lol. I thought my stuff was cool.

19. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I love running these tests but my hardware does get used alot by my friends here in town.. They usually come over and play all the games.. I have some friends that are still a few generations behind in hardware or dont have any at all.. So, it's nice to have them over.. Like I said, I dont play much at all, but I think by having them here, I'm getting my fill of all this new hardware. :) It's a nice thing to see.. It does get a little expensive at times, but I find time whenever I can to work on it. It's almost become a daily schedule/part of my life.. Just like donating a dollar a day for cancer research.. I make sure to stop by and do that everyday.. It just makes me feel better after spending so much on hardware, which is what I love though!! :)

20. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    bodar donate one dollar a day to my cause u odnt even have to fit it into ur schedule just setit up for automatic e-treansfer to my acount. jk.

good thing your doing with the cancer research donation. thumbs up man.