Tray Tools suddenly not detecting hardware

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by MasterTonberry, Jan 21, 2010.

1. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4890 1Gb @ 930/1125
    Right, I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong here. I had to reinstall Windows 7 tonight and with it my graphics drivers and ATI Tray Tools.

I had it working perfectly on my last install and enjoyed the awesomness it has to offer, but now I just can not get it working properly. I know all about the testmode driver signing and such, and I've already done all this like I did last time, but now Tray Tools will not detect my hardware correctly at all.

What I mean is, it detects my default clocks of 850/975 but sets the actual clocks at 109.9/2.25. I can change the clocks, but if I hit 'Apply' or try to save it will reset them back to 109.9/2.25.

Also, it wion't detect my fan settings either, it just says 'no supported hardware found'. I'm currently running Catalyst 9.12 on an HD4890 1Gb with the latest beta of Tray Tools but have used a combination of the last few betas with Catlyst 9.11 and 9.12, along with trying to have CCC installed as well as not.

I'm doing everything I did last time to get it working but now it just doesn't want to. I've been sititng here banging my head against the desk for about two hours, so I come to you guys lol. Any ideas?

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Are you sure you installed last beta version of ATT?

3. MasterTonberry

GPU:
    ATI 4890 1Gb @ 930/1125
    Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, I definitely installed the latest version, a number of times but it owuld not detect my clocks/fans at all. I've reverted to the version before and everything is fine now.

I don't mind sticking with the previous version anyway.

Awesome program by the way Ray, it offers so much and has improved my gaming experience by far over CCC. Thank you very much!

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I'm asking about last version because your clocks 109.9/2.25 looks like ATT doesn't know your board.
    Can you give me SysInfo report from ATT?

5. MasterTonberry

GPU:
    ATI 4890 1Gb @ 930/1125
    I've attached the ATT System Information in .txt

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Code:
    BIOS VPU                      850.00
    Current VPU                   240.00
    BIOS MEM                      975.00
    Current MEM                   975.00

And where is a problem?

7. MasterTonberry

GPU:
    ATI 4890 1Gb @ 930/1125
    That report is from the current version of ATT, an older version (not the latest beta) which is working fine, clocks and fans detected correctly. The latest beta would not do this for me, forcing me to revert to the version I am using now.

I thought you wanted the SysInfo to get an idea of my system.

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I need sysinfo from last beta version which doesn't work for you. :)