Traveling to australia. what to know?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jw_Leonhart, May 26, 2012.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Coopers is actually a 100 percent Australian owned family company, and have been for 150 years. Its actually way more Australian than VB, XXXX, and almost every other brand of beer out there which are pretty much all foreign owned now.

I love Coopers Sparkling, but also like Pale Ale, and even their Lager, stouts, 62, and their homebrew kits :)

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Wouldn't have a clue, other states play real Australian football not that English import nonsense :)

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    With me being the honey pot of course...lol

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol over here Sydney is often compared to Auckland...

Btw you're not one of those Aussies that calls Rugby "Football", are you?

Football is played with a round white ball. :p

Last edited: May 28, 2012

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Things to know?

Well, for one, everything there is capable of and very much willing to eat you.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Nah, football is played with a KB Sherrin :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  7. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    WHO CARES ABOUT BEER? Be a man.....

I drink vodka, over here I drink Absolut or Ketel One. It may be a little high priced but its what I thrive on. As we speak I just got back from a BBQ and killed a handle of absolut to me and my buddy... I feel excellento. :banana:

I'm not concerned about beer, i'm concerned about the quality of the people, and the working conditions.... Here in New Jersey I find it appalling... I feel like I live in some world of scum... Everyone here is a nut case, concerned with themselves, and run around like a chicken with their head cut off... there is no down time... It's appalling...

If I could live in America in the 60's and 70's I would feel like I would be in place, but now a-days it's horrible...

Even women here are horrible... most are money sucking whor*s.... not to sound blunt but women here are more interested in your pocket... I have no interest in girls around here anymore either..

I have no strings attached here in anymore. Both of my parents have passed and I have no immediate family except my aunt and cousin who both do their own thing anyways, so I figure why not travel...

Maybe I could find a nice place in australia (I've always wanted to visit and now I have the chance) and make something really good of myself... and who knows.. maybe find a nice girl somewhere...

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Women are the same everywhere if you choose to view them as that, it's not any different elsewhere in the world. Also, who are these people you're talking about? Do they do labor for a living or something? If so, that's why. Labor is kind of a dead horse here since we shifted to a service economy in the 80's and 90's. I feel bad for anyone who works in it.

9. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Where I live here it is a blue collar town... (don't ask me how this county is the 4th richest in the entire united states) but it was as of 2011......

My ex-gf of almost 5 years is a successful school teacher but when she started making more money than I did I was no longer good for her... mind you i'm turning 25 next week.... I don't see how that should be the MOST important thing right now...

I feel like the mentality here is just different than other places in the world... I don't feel like I need to be rich, just somewhat well off and settle eventually in a place I would really like with a family...

I hope that makes more sense in terms of the people and my girl situation.

10. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    No offense, but it sounds like you may need to talk with a shrink, not make a dramatic life altering decision. You sound angry, and to boot you have a strongly developed sense of grass is greenerism.

Australia is pretty awesome. The girls are nice I guess, but it isn't really that different than the US. This is partially based on experence and partially based on Finch's facebook feed. :D
    I would add that unlike the reverse, Australian women are not drawn to American accent. And remember that most of the jobs booming in Australia that hire foreigners (excepting doctors and ****) is going to be mining and that is in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

Last edited: May 29, 2012

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah I agree with this. Moving half way around the world isn't going to solve any problems.

12. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC

Well nm+ first off i'm really drunk because of memorial day so let me try to put it this way...

I've dealt with alot in my life, and i've made peace with my parents passing. I've made peace with my girl leaving me... and there are a million other girls out there anyways.

I'm looking for a vacation and if I like it and can find a good job why not stay? Everyday would be an adventure for me there... or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm just looking for a change of scenery... By no means do I care about a girl who would be attracted to an "american"..... I'm looking to improve my life and find a good job and then consider settling down...

I hope that makes more sense? Sorry it's hard to convey words and everything I would want to discuss over a forum..

Edit: I also appreciate your honesty by saying maybe I should see a shrink... but thats not the case for me. Thats why I am going there on vacation for a month at the end of july... I'm hoping to bring my buddy with me... I will have my plane trip sorted out by the end of the week and i've already got my passport coming.. If I don't like it as much as I think I may then I will return home and then sort my life out here. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm being real with myself and I want to try something outside the united states for once.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Australia is good for the women...

If I was to go to Australia it would be for 2 things:

1 - Pussy
    2 - Beach

14. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC

I'm going for a few reasons:

Beaches are beautiful
    Atmosphere is different
    People are different
    Lifestyle is different
    Job if I like it there

Girls are the least of my concern. I let one girl take me for 5 years and we were happy for 3... I really thought she was the one for me.. it's the only reasons I stayed here..

I have no strings attached anymore, so why not go and try something new?

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Only live once right, so unless you wanna be looking back in a few years time and regretting not going for it when you had the chance then I say just go.

16. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I say do it. Just go. Just check up on Visa requirements. And (no offense), are you white skinned? If so then nothing to worry about.

17. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    LOL. I'm ukrainian and irish. I'm as white as a beach towel... but honestly what does that have to do with anything? Are spanish or black people not accepted in australia?

I'm not fond of the way some black and spanish people act here, all ghetto and act like its the proper wat to act but i've learned to deal with it. No offense to anyone who is colored but some people just act like trash around here..

And as they say... YOLO!

18. Maximus7724

Maximus7724 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7950 PCS+ @ 1150/1500
    Never say YOLO again...

19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

In Australia its more how you come over than the colour of your skin. This is true even if you are white, as you can be 'bogan' (pronunciation of this is important!) or 'derro'. Many of what may seem as racist comments are more a depiction of those that are like the people in question, in terms of behaviour or lifestyle, rather than to their actual race. In others words, it doesn't matter what colour your skin is, your religious beliefs etc, its how you portray yourself to others that counts.

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Watch out for the chazzwuzzers.

[​IMG]