Transfering files between main pc and htpc

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by SentinelAeon, Jan 1, 2020.

1. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 HD
    Hello,

My setup is very simple, a netbook connected to tv. And that netbook is in the same homegroup and also on the same network as my main pc. I am looking for the simplest way to transfer video files to my media pc.

Right now i do it in 1 of the two ways:

- I put a video file on my main pc shared folder and then go to media pc and manualy transfer the file to media pc
    - if its a torrent file i manualy set the download on my htpc

What i would like to do is remove the need to go to my htpc, since it involves turning on the tv, getting keyboard and mouse out from under the desk, etc. Here i would like your help. I came up with 2 options and would need some help with them:

1) i aquire the video file on my main pc. Then i would need my media pcs disk to be accessible in such a way that i could simply copy the file to my media pc just as i would copy it on a different partition on my main pc

2) similar to the point 1, but then i would just copy/paste the torrent file and media pc would automaticly download the file.

I am leaning towards point 1 since it gives me more control. How do i do that ?

2. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 HD
    I already did what i wanted, now i can copy files from main computer directly to media pc without ever touching the media pc. This topic can be locked or deleted.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
  4. Does the HTPC stay on? if so just make the folder you want to move things to from your main pc writable, so you can push things to the HTPC. Or get NAS and store media there.