1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TP-Link Introduces Two Powerful, Next-Generation WiFi Routers that Support New 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
  2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    YMMV, but the TP-Link routers I've used that haven't gotten updates, have always been supported by OpenWRT. Though I agree it's bad when the original manufacturers don't provide acceptable support.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    OpenWRT is horrible on Broadcom devices, there are functions not made possible with the openwrt that are possible with the broadcom libraries.

4. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    I know it looks cool, and they spit out a bunch of fancy specs........but you would be better off investing in some real wifi instead of an all in one wifi/router combo. The cheaper one is 350 dollars, and that will get you a 3-pack of nice ubiquiti or engenius AP's. All home consumer wifi sucks badly.....and the right gear (and a proper site survey and radio tuning) will beat anything that says "ROG" or "Blackhawk" or "Extreme to the max"........no matter how many antennas it has.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018

5. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Whoever plays competitive games over Wi-Fi deserve a ban anyway :D