TP-Link Archer C7 vs C9 which is better in 2019 ?

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Nyx.Nanase, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Nyx.Nanase

Nyx.Nanase Guest

Hi i'm looking for a new router to replace my archer c6 which has connection issues and although i'm a bit skeptic regarding TP-Link since its the second replacement with issues, this two seem to be in my budget and are quite praised, the Archer C7 and C9. What i'm interested is this:

-torents, i like having 20 torrents active during download with lots of connections

-range for the 2.4 Ghz Wi-fi network.

-good wired connection since two PC's (including the one i used for torrents) are connected via cable.

-stability, as i said i currently have an Archer C6 and it works like crap, connections aren't working properly especially when using torrents, but even without them.

Basically at max i have 2 PC's permanently connected via a wired connection, one PC via a wireless connection and sometimes two phones via wireless which can be done on either 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz. I'm leaning towards the C7 for the better price and that its praised on how it handles peer to peer even better then the C9, but the hardware specs on the C9 seem quite better it having a 1Ghz dual core opposed to the 750Mhz on the C7... So i'm kind of stuck on what to choose.

Other router recommendations if they are in the price range of the C7/C9 are welcomed as well.

2. Nyx.Nanase

Nyx.Nanase Guest

Update: with some advises i decided to go with a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-X+Access point TP-LINK EAP225 rather then a "all in one router".

pimpernell likes this.