Total War: Three Kingdoms

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TaskMaster, Jul 30, 2019.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Hi Guru's,

Have not seen a post on this.

Just bought it over the weekend and quite enjoying it. Not sure I would as I am not a huge fan of ancient China, but the performance improvement of previous Total War titles (excluding Britannia) is an achievement on its own.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/779340/Total_War_THREE_KINGDOMS/

So, is anyone playing this?

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    some buzz about it some say its too shallow, and i think it lacks modding support?

more put off by CAs dlc policies these days rome 2 lest runs well now days the last tw i bought.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Modding support was added a few weeks ago and there were also a lot of mods before they released the tools.

I played it 60 hours so far. Def a lot of improvements over the older ones. I still hope to see Medieval 3, glady with some of the features from 3 Kingdoms.

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I've been hearing a lot of good things about this new Total War. The last one I played was Warhammer 2 (not too shabby as well). It's good to see the series improving and getting good reviews so far. Figures that the good TW would be the one I skip... Of well, I'll get to it when the price is more agreeable.

5. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    Bought it few weeks back but haven't had the time to really tackle it (and I am a TW newbie as well). Couldn't resist when it's RoTK. Grew up with that sh!t read the actual book and comics and played the KOEI strategy games as well as Dynasty Warriors lol.

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    I might biuy this with some Steam money i got for Xmas, anybody playing it at 4k with a 1080Ti or similar, does the game take advantage of multi core and +16gb RAM? I'm still a massive fan of the modded version of Empire and napoleon TW.

7. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Yep, the game does take advantage of multi core counts ( & high ram will help out as well).

Since they released Total War Warhammer, creative assembly must have been hard at work improving the multi-threading capabilities of Total War's Warscape engine as both high levels of single-threaded and multi-threaded performance are beneficial to this title.

I can't comment on a 4K gaming experience, but I do know the game will be very demanding at that resolution, overclock3d.net made a decent review of the game back when it was released and you can check their take on 4K for it:
    https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/total_war_three_kingdoms_pc_performance_review/12

To be fair, patches since release might have improved performance some.

8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Thanks, ive got 32GB of Ram and a 3800x so hopefully a smooth experience.

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Ok ive just started playing this, and is it me or has the hugely micro-management in campaign got a little bit overly complex , and the simplicity of the battles with essentially only a few different units got a bit overly basic.

Like i say im only an hour or so in but ETW and NTW (the factions Mods) were so much more accessible.