Toshiba Has Silently Exited the Laptop Market

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Toshiba has silently announced that it has withdrawn from the laptop market. Back in 2018, most of the business was sold to Sharp, which then changed the name to Dynabook. Sharp is now in complete con...

Toshiba Has Silently Exited the Laptop Market

2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    1985... Things were different back then. Great many households didn't even have a computer, although C64 was still big. In fact if you knew how to use a PC at all, that might have been enough to make you a nerd. Some folks had an expensive 286 PC and were perhaps dreaming of the brand new 386, but they weren't exactly the optimal gaming machines. Amiga 500 hadn't yet appeared to revolutionise the home PC market. But there were still, or already, so many different kinds of PCs available, from all sorts of manufacturers, even though no high-tech was yet manufactured cheaply in China. Nobody would have imagined a market situation where practically all the personal computers would be running on the same architecture (including Apple, no less), and a huge chunk of the super computers would be based on it as well! Yeah, the collapse of the Soviet Union probably seemed more likely than that.

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Toshiba Tecra will be missed.
    That's tech industry, nothing lasts forever.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  4. Holy cow... and to think I used to work right across from a Toshiba Business Solutions Warehouse. Man I’m gonna be that guy.. at the end of a bar one day. “I remember”

Edit: Guess we better start workin on our fashion careers, don’t they say that lasts forever? Jk...