Torment Tides Of Numenera

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by wyndrusher, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Patrick Rothfuss added as a stretch goal? Fantastic news, for those that enjoy a good read I highly recommend picking up his Kingkiller Chronicles (The third book in the trilogy is due for release in a couple of months). Hands down the most enjoyable novels I've read in years, I'd even rate them higher than the final Wheel of Time entries.

2. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armour OC GTX1060 6GB
    Kick Starter over! Torment is the most successful KS game raising $4,188,927! Well done.

Pity we have to wait until 2015 to play this, but this is going to be big. Very big and epic.

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Gotta love that kickstarter is a freeway for old school RPGs. They are all the most successful projects so far.

Time for a Bioware kickstarter and go back to epic roots (which won't happen with EA)?

4. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    I'm hoping at some point that there will be a Planescape Torment sequel down the road, hopefully a kickstarter project. Or a Baldurs Gate 3.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  6. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
  7. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
  8. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'm guessing it's concept art. Although I'd be very happy if the end game looked even remotely as good.

9. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    Apparently the vote for turn-based combat is in - turn-based combat it is!

This sucks!

I hate turn-based combat. They could have just left it like Planescape, real-time with pause.

Really put off now. I know, the combat isn't the high point in a game like this, but I'm taken out of the game so easily with turn-based combat.

Apparently the Planescape community are fighting amongst themselves over this. It doesn't look pretty.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmmm, I would have preferred real time with pause, what are they thinking? turn based just isn't something I'd associate with a game like this.

11. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    inXile had a preference for turn-based before the voting process even began. There was no impartiality in the process. It's possible even if backers won the voting for real-time combat that inXile would have overturned that decision.

Oh well. I thought to myself, this could be one of the best games ever made, and now it's turn-based. ****, I can't believe it.

12. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    So I guess this game is gonna be Wasteland in a fantasy skin then. Oh well there's still Pillars of Eternity. :)

13. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Nothing wrong with turn based I dont mind them enjoyed the new Xcom in Turn Based

14. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I agree, there isn't anything wrong with turn based combat. This title was marketed as the spiritual successor to Planescape:Torment however, and that game was not fully turn based. There's a hint of dev' bias in this decision, they should have remained true to the roots of Torment.

15. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014