Torchlight is currently $9.99 on Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Zenoth, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    As I type this, it's $9.99, from its regular price of $19.99, and it got new achievements along with being compatible with Steam Cloud (or something along those lines). I never bought it but now that price is more than tempting, I think I'll buy it, especially considering how disappointed I am with D2's patch 1.13, I don't have much choice for filling up my desire for some hack n' slash, cartoony graphics style or not. Anyone else with me? Hehe, yup I think I'll do it. By the way I wanted to post this on the "official Torchlight thread" but it was closed.

2. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    Try Titan Quest?

3. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Believe me, I tried, and profoundly disliked. But I shouldn't have mentioned D2 at all in my first post, my mistake, now this thread might turn into a "TQ wasn't so bad!" debate, which wasn't my intention. I just wanted to point at the new price for Torchlight. But right now I am having problems buying it, PayPal tells me that the transaction amount is greater than my available balance, which isn't the case, I'm about to send a support ticket to Valve about this, something isn't right.

4. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Edit Button FTW!

on topic, i might be interested, thanks for the heads up!

5. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Buy torchlight now and buy titan quest too. Two awesome games.

6. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    No online play. Not a snowball's chance in hell of me buying it

7. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    I haven't played Torchlight yet so I'm interested to check it out. However, the no online play is a big bummer.

Hit me up if you wanna play TQ online sometime.

8. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    Damn, this game is addictive. No multiplayer isn't a big deal for me. $10 well spent.

9. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Damn PayPal... :bang:

After some research I found out why I can't buy it. The thing is that PayPal checks for the full price of the game first before the discount, and when buying the game the full price is considered first, and then the discount is applied (or something along those lines from what I could understand). Then once the payment is about to occur there is a check that determines if there is enough available balance for the full price first, and then it will apply the discount (all of that happens in a matter of a second or so, there's no indication of any of that appearing on-screen).

So, basically, even if the game costs $9.99, I still need to have $20 left (because the current full price is $19.99, before the discount) on my PayPal balance so that the full price check goes successfully before the discount is applied for me to pay $9.99 in the end. What a stupid system that is. So even though I got exactly $16.73 left I can't buy it, amazing. I sent them (PayPal) a ticket for help, but that was before learning about all of this, and I doubt that some tech support guy could suddenly change the entire payment system.

So... If anyone here is willing to help me get the damn thing it would be quite appreciated. I would send the money to your PayPal account as a product purchase and then you buy it on Steam and then Gift it to me. How does that sound? I think it'd be faster than waiting for PayPal to do something about it from a support ticket. If anyone here is willing to do that then please let me know, thanks.

:bugeye:

EDIT: Never mind about my suggestion above guys, I found someone on my friends list willing to do it. I'm downloading it as I type this.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  10. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX

11. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

9.99 this weekend on STEAM.

The game is not perfect - nowhere near it. But it is a perfectly fun game, that is addictive like Titan Quest or Diablo, and is great for 30 minutes of time killing.

More importantly, it is the low pricetag that is important. What Runic Games have done is released a game that could've been released for 39.99 or 49.99 and instead done so at 19.99. The level of replayability is fantastic and the price is a bargain even at 19.99, let alone 9.99.

If you are into action RPGs, go for this game - coming from an avid D1/D2/TQ fan.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

12. q8_devil

q8_devil Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 295
    bought it yesterday

didnt play it yet cause im playing TQ ( for the first time ) with my friend and i want to finish it before starting it

13. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    Yip, i bought it when released. Great little game and bargain price, i practically never play games online so the fact it doesn't support that doesn't bother me at all. I hear they are planning on releasing an mmo based on it though.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I bashed this game for graphics. But bought yesterday. Price is just right to make a purchase and ignore the visuals for me

15. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Alright, I played it a couple of hours, reached level 19 on Hard with a warrior, it's fun, I like it. It's better than I thought, and the modding community is on it full force doing all sorts of nice little mods here and there, I'm already using two of them, it's well worth its price, most certainly, and the graphics style isn't bad at all after a few moments, I got used to it in a matter of ten minutes, and I was surprised by the quality of most animations, nice knockback effects with the warrior, it really gives a satisfying "punch" to his hits. So far, I'm happy with it and don't regret buying it.

16. Avefenix

Avefenix Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    Its made for some of the creators of the first series of diablo.
    Diablo fans will find some very similar points when play Torchlight

17. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    I think you meant "a lot of" instead. And that's a good thing in my book. Well, I guess it depends on a few things, but generally speaking it's done right.

18. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I was contemplating purchasing this and when it went on sale I couldn't resist. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. Graphics are cartoony, yes, but they are still well done. I love the gameplay too. My favourite thing is being able to send your pet back to town to sell items for you. Solid idea :p

19. Whiteraven

Whiteraven Member Guru

GPU:
    (2X) BFG 8800GTS OC 640mb
    Too bad...

You are missing out on a GREAT game that is a must play for any PC Gamer.

20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Agreed for sure, I too was very reluctant to buy it due to the absence of on-line play, but at a price tag of $9.99... I thought that it wasn't an excuse anymore, I mean I can waste more money than that at a fast-food restaurant and feel dizzy for hours to come, when games like that cost ten bucks it's just hard to find any excuse not to buy them if the type of game-play at its very base is a type that you like, on-line or not. I must say that Torchlight is the best $10 game I've bought this year, simply put, and I bought exactly six games that cost me less than $15, including on at GoG.com.