Top Gear thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by morbias, Oct 7, 2007.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Most likely it will get even more boring after this really.

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    LOL, gotta love the BBC because they probs will be forced to get a woman on the show, because EQUALITY. Also no one likes Piers Morgan and O'Leary should stick to **** shows like the X-factor

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Piers Morgan, lmao, they really want to kill it dead don't they

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Chris Evans does love his cars, but I don't think he wants the job and I doubt he needs the money either.

Morgan is likely only being considered as being another annoying and opinionated person, possibly even to wind up Clarkson as they hated eeach other.

The BBC will lose out in the end though, as whatever rival show these guys do will be watched more than what becomes of Top Gear.

It might be a chance to make a more serious car show though, but less people will watch that.

6. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    A more serious Top Gear = Fifth Gear, and how many people watch that? I never have unless there was nothing else on

7. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    I call it here, this is now the perfect opportunity for bbc to push it's agenda for more female presenters / panelists, who knows they may be better than Clarkson but bet if there is an out cry the sexism card will be played.

Just my thoughts.

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    What would be sort of cool is if richard and james stayed on and they got in a new guest presenter each season in a similar fashion to hignfy.

But I doubt either will.

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Hmm, mixed feelings about the whole situation. I have the solution!

The three of them just need to start a new show called Sixth Gear!

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Yes and then they can go on to forums and wish that people die in agony, seriously dude laying in to someone for stupid actions by saying something equally stupid and THEN trying to put a moral lesson on it, no just no.

Big enough petrol head plus lets face it over a decade of looking at their ugly mugs, and they certainly didn't get prettier with age it would be nice to see someone a little easier on the eye. For some reason Johnny Vaughan and Denise Van Outen seem like they would make a good package.

11. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Vaughan and Van Outen worked together very well on The Big Breakfast years ago, but he's not the funny man he used to be, don't really like him any more now

12. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    You'll never get the magic those three had, BBC should just let the series go elsewhere with Clarkson

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Once again the BBC slide out of their responsibility of what they should have done when it was confirmed he hit somebody, they should have sacked him very publically, rather than this BS of simply not renewing his contract, but hey, this is the BBC, who have a great recored of turning a blind eye to their stars, shall i say, fracases.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah but Van Outen is hot.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it could be more about cars and less about stunts. I've said it over and over... someone like Chris Harris, Martin Brundle and a hot chick of some sort would make a great show.

Watch Chris Harris
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5037746#post5037746
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaAQW8lVaRM

Give this guy a proper budget and he'll produce the goods.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

16. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The won't go down the more serious car route without a massive budget drop though, there isn't a big enough market for it.

I'm actually looking forward to what they try and do with it, good or bad, but i have a feeling they will try and replicate the current show but go even crazier to make up for the lack of the previous presenters.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    "lost" in what sense?

They got the test track, the format, the show, the show name, the theme tune and the distribution rights to rival God.

Lest we forget they got new presenters who are not over the hill and an embarrassment to the human race.

They are OLD...don't forget that.

18. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Well I said lost all three guys, I think that is pretty obvious and we all know the BBC will give the new jobs to some **** PC presenter

Coming from the guy that said...

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Clarkson back in the future on an even higher salary, the show is huge to the BBC and i honestly don't think it will survive with new presenters.

Even the Xmas DVD's the BBC make will be lost income for them this year.

20. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Top Gear Australia and USA have those things too (well, not that particular track), but wait, no one watches those because they are crap. Why? The presenters. Those 3 are what make Top Gear, not the track, not the name, not the theme tune, not the distribution rights.