1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 10.000 reached by team Guru3D

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 5, 2007.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Me Rock

Me Rock Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    My gaming desktop has completed 2 Work Units in about four days, while both my laptop and my "Woodbox" are still on their first Work Units, with about 5 days to go for each of them. It's amazing how older computers differ in folding performance from newer computers.

My gaming rig has a dual core processor, and it seems to me like Folding@Home likes to dump all of its workload on to a single core. Has anyone found a quick fix to this? Is there a way that I could run two instances of Folding@Home at once? (One on each core.)

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For that you need the SMP client. Then:

simply type fah.exe -config

Follow the installation, yet when requested got to advanced mode. Now there eventually you'll be asked the following:

CPU Usage requested (5-100).

Go play with that entry a little.

4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Man, I'm still getting shorted by one WU. . . .

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I am soon completed my second WU (80% done, I have done more than 20% of this WU today so I think that it is completed tomorrow). My GPU is doing work when I do not need GPU power, if I only had R600...

6. Me Rock

Me Rock Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    Thanks for the help, although I don't want to give up the GUI. I like having a client that I can start and stop with minimal effort, as I need to disable the client before I start up a game. F@H is just making me want to get more computers.

7. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hah! Finally after ONE week of work on the massive WU I sat up on my poor Athlon XP file server, it's done! STRAIGHT in on 8th place. Hah hah!

8. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Just hit over the 10k mark, come on people, catch up.

9. Me Rock

Me Rock Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    Finch, I was looking at your stats, and it said that you have had five active CPUs within the last 50 days. What are the specs of these computers? I have three computers folding, two of which have not finished their WUs yet.

10. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I've got a few Dual Xeons doing work for me.

One is a new Dual Core Dual CPU server, so Quad CPU machine =)

11. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    Doing as much as I can

I have a Quad Core CPU so the SMP Client would appear to be the best one for me. Unfortunately I don't want to run my PC 24/7 and the beta SMP Client isn't resuming work after a restart and it takes approximately 20 hours for one WU to complete (they're rather large for SMP)... But I am running the "normal" GUI version all the time while doing something on my computer so one of the spare cores has something to do :) I am gonna try to run a "no nonsense" version in addition to the GUI one too. I like this project a lot and want to support it as much as I can afford it. It's a pity that I can't do GPU Cores (ATI only feature)... OK, enough talk :) Kudos to everyone doing something for humanity!

12. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Wow finch , just wow. Thats some real hardcore folding going on there :)

Does anyone else's GUI version crash occasionally when recieving a new work unit?

I install Folding@Home on our workstations at work but when they are switched on they're usually being used (no idle time really) and are not particually powerfull enougth to complete WU's in the short time they are idle.

13. Me Rock

Me Rock Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    Wow. Just wow. I have my main gaming rig with an X2 3800, my laptop with a 1.6GHZ Turion, and my fileserver with a 733MHZ Celeron

14. Zammy

Zammy New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX
    Hey all,

I've been visiting Guru3d for several years now, I just never registered on the forums. I used to do folding@home with a Canadian online retailer I used to buy from, but kinda stopped.

I have 5 systems at home sitting around doing nothing, so once I get home tomorrow I'll setup the systems for folding@home.

I always liked looking at those statistics going up :)

15. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    your going down im turning on my ps3 now and downloading it

16. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I thought about buying a PS3 =)

17. darknight909

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Bah i have it running here and its going to take 7 hours to do 1 WU, whats your average time to finish 1 wu

18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    7hrs is pretty good, I don't know how long mine take.

I just start it up in a terminal then close it.
    All Unix and Apple servers.

19. darknight909

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Yeah, when its running I can't run it in the background of my PS3(which is crap). So its my whole Cell processor going at it

When I wake up I should be close to having 2 units done

20. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    The PS3 is ridiculous compared to all the PC's iv set up to fold, including a number of Core 2 Duo systems. I would have thought to be caught up with Finch by next weekend thanks to that big black box under my tv.