toothache....Grrrrrrr

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Sep 3, 2017.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
    Hey folks...(old fart here)....I got something in my gum or tooth that hurt like hell!...Its gone now after sleeping but Dam it hurt yesterday....
    any y'all ever get toothache that hurts really bad?

I was literally mad at the world yesterday...So glad the pain is gone now....

is it my age that crap like this happens...old gums/teeth?...I hate getting old...:(

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    I've had gums swelling up a few times, I assume from infection (not got rotten teeth or anything), that what you had? Goes away after a few days at best

Typically around wisdom teeth (lol, fkin random angles they come out is anything but wise)

airbud7 likes this.
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
    yea scatman^ I'm sure it was an infection that lasted all day and half of the night but when I woke up I was Happy when it was gone!...weird but damn it hurt bad...!

I could feel my heart beat on the left side of my head/face....hurt like a mofo.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Now, what you described was similar up until you mentioned heart beat, that means holy balls that is infected.

If it gets like that regular and to that degree consider a doctor visit, feeling your heart beat anywhere is bad news.

Disinfectant could help, though i'm not sure how to do it for the mouth, a salt water swish out does a similar effect I think

I've come across it a few times in my nail beds recently, if something starts swelling up, apply disinfectant, it'll mostly always help

airbud7 likes this.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Gurgling with TCP is great for this.

airbud7 likes this.
  6. PhantomCracking

PhantomCracking Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX R7970 DD Ghz
    Dental problems are, unfortunately, hereditary in my family. That being said, I've dealt with my fair share of toothaches.

I've honestly had nothing hurt worse. Slice my knee to the bone once, few broken bones and I'd gladly take the pain from either over a toothache.

If it comes back or hurts in a different area, don't let it get too bad, visit a dentist or worst case scenario, emergency room.
    AFAIK, if the infection gets in the bloodstream, it can be fatal.

Eugenol (Clove Oil) is nothing short of a miracle when it comes to pain relief and toothaches.

airbud7 likes this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    No need to scare the guy. The body does an amazing job of fighting infections. If pain is gone and does not recur, and no abscesses on gums or swelling, should be in the clear. You WILL know if the infection is persistent and will see signs of either pain or swelling in teeth or gums or a fever (bodys attempt to fight off the infection). A visit to dentist to make sure is always advisable though.

A little baking soda is good to gargle with in between brushings as it not only disinfects, but neutralizes lingering acids from food or sweets and helps prevent decay. Also ask yourself, what occurred before the onset of the toothache? Did you bite on something hard or eat something overly sweet without brushing for hours? I had tooth troubles once after switching to a herbal toothpaste that did not contain fluoride for about a year. A sensitive molar had decayed and needed a root canal. Dentists post-treatment advise was to always ensure the toothpaste you use contains fluoride.

airbud7 likes this.
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    I keep a bottle of this in the house for emergencies, toothache always seems to come on at night, and generally on a Friday night

[​IMG]

airbud7 and PhantomCracking like this.
  9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 980 SLI 4gb
    I'd go get it checked out bud.

I once had a tooth ache and it turned out to be a chipped tooth with the nerve tangling out. Had to get it filled in.

Had no idea how I chipped my tooth. I do tend to open beers with my teeth sometimes hehe.

airbud7 likes this.
  10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz air
    Assuming ^ isnt the issue...

I have a great solution for small infection issues. Kill it from the inside with raw garlic.
    Pls read on, its not as bad as it sounds :)
    I've been doing this for at least 10 years, it always works.

I've cured a few damn serious problems with it but it took more garlic than is sensible for one of them.
    Small but painful issues tend to take a couple of days to start disappearing, I find it acts quicker than a normal dose of anti-biotics.
    Its cheap, readily available, you dont need a prescription and it doesnt screw your stomach flora up like anti-biotics.
    It also wont aid anti-biotic resistance of prescribed drugs so if you are desperate for those ever, their effect wont have been muted by this.

Buy a garlic clove about 4cm tall with pieces about 2cm wide on the outside. A little bigger is fine but not so big you cant swallow it, I've had a scare with that.
    Chop the rough end off one piece, peel it and swallow whole with food. DONT cut it up or chew. Straight down only!
    I barely taste it and it doesnt make my breath or body smell of garlic either. Yet a lasagne with garlic cooked in does terribly, odd.
    Have a drink handy to wash it down, warmish tea or coffee is great or water. Even better is milk.
    I have seen mention online that it works better on an empty stomach but my opinion is to look after your stomach lining first.
    If it seems to be going down slowly then banana is great. But better to take it while you eat your meal then its easy.
    Do this once per day if its big Ouch or up to 3 times per day for Yowwww. Always with food to protect your stomach.
    If its making you faint or stopping you from work, see someone about it.

My worst event:
    I cured serious swelling/heat and pain by taking it every time I had a meal, tea or coffee and managed to clear the pain in 4 days.
    I was shocked because I thought I was in serious trouble but didnt need any help after!
    (I had to attend a wedding and a tooth went completely nuts 5 days before, a real surprise blinder this one was)
    My tummy wasnt best pleased for a few weeks after but it recovered. It felt like I had burned it a little.
    While taking this much it made things run through me a bit faster and it can be felt on the way out too.
    This much could possibly harm the stomach lining so I dont advocate it unless you are driven mental with pain and wont do it again!
    If you go to this extreme drink milk after as it helps protect the tummy.
    Better idea if its really bad is to get a strong anti-biotic and take a basic dose of garlic as well to start killing it quicker.

In many parts of the world they eat raw garlic as a norm.
    Go sensible and you should have no problems.
    I recently told a doctor about how I use it and she is now doing a study on garlic to see if it can be a general alternative to anti-biotics for some problems.
    I dont need a study :)

Be aware some people are allergic to garlic. If you are not sure do a small test first.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    airbud7 likes this.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
    Have garlic Mufflore^...GF loves it in everything!....can I down it with a beer?

Mufflore likes this.
  12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 980 SLI 4gb
    I've heard things go down smoother with Whiskey :cool:

airbud7 and Mufflore like this.
  13. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Went camping with a few mates years ago, had loads of food to bring with us, one of my mates thought he was a chef and used to cook carbonaras and stuff with pre cooked pasta he brought, we got to where we were staying, decided to cook something later that night, realised we'd left all the food behind except the garlic, so drank beer, and ate garlic cloves all weekend :D

airbud7 likes this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    I had a very similar toothache a few years back, was like yours at first (lasted for a night, went away) but came back a few days later with a vengeance...

The second I took a bite from my breakfast I felt a skull-splitting pain on the mofo and it was to stay I could tell. Booked a dentist visit for the same morning and he said the tooth (I understood it was tooth itself) was very badly infected and had to be pulled.

Luckily it was a wisdom tooth but frankly I wouldn't have cared if he had to remove all my teeth at that point to make the pain go away.
    I mean the second the anaesthetic kicked in was like heaven as it didn't hurt anymore :p
    and that was after only a few hours of the condition...

Long story short: get it checked out now mate. The next time it will be even worse.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    airbud7 likes this.
  15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz air
    lol yep but I would have some nosh with it.
    Just dont mix it in your toothpaste if you arent into pain!

airbud7 likes this.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz air
    lol wtf?

airbud7 likes this.
  17. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    :D We smelled amazing after the weekend, and no-one had toothache

airbud7 likes this.
  18. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Be careful with this stuff. It's been shown to cause cancer if used too often.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think you're going to need to provide multiple reputable sources with evidence with that cancer claim there

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Extraordinary likes this.