Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, May 12, 2020.

1. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2gb
    It looks really cool.

I saw the video and the graphics of the game look great.

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sign me the f**k up! Loved these games, I just hope the controls are as tight ( or tighter ) as they were back in the day.

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Asking the real question: Rage Against The Machin, or not?

Repo Man likes this.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    That looks just as snappy as the original. Me like.

The only missing songs are these:
    • Cyco Vision by Suicidal Tendencies
    • Committed by Unsane
    • Bring the Noise by Anthrax & Public Enemy
    • B-Boy Document '99 by The High & Mighty
    • Out With The Old by Alley Life

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Warehouse demo is live now for pre-orders. 9.34GB on Epic

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    video of PC settings.

Thank god for FOV slider, watched a bit of some gameplay stream of the console version and in under a minute I was starting to feel lightheaded due the camera and narrow field of view.

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Games out today, unfortunately for me I'll have to give it a pass. As much as I liked the games and it looks like they did an outstanding job remastering them, the £49.99 asking price is just too much imo. Will wait for a sale on this one.

[edit] seems the price was dropped to 39.99, it was still 49.99 last night when I looked or maybe it was showing the deluxe version. EGS is a bit unclear sometimes I find.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Totally loving the game. I get the same addictive feeling as i did back the. Completing all the challenges is really fun.

Loobyluggs and DannyD like this.
  10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    This game is awesome. The remastering is absolutely phenomenal. It looks and sounds great plus it plays fantastic too but it feels like how I used to remember it which is all anyone can ask for. It's a bit pricey but you get two games with extra stuff added.

Runs great too on my PC but for some reason the character editing causes the framerate to drop below 60 fps with 100% GPU usage which does not happen during either of the three levels I've played so far (two from THPS1 and the other from THPS2). I get 90+ fps during the game with very occasional microstutter (which I fixed by capping the framerate at 60 fps). Why would this part run so poorly? There's little going on as the character model is set against a static background.

Maxed out settings at 1440p by the way using the 452.06 WHQL graphics driver

Repo Man and DannyD like this.

11. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti

Repo Man likes this.
  12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm trying so hard to be an adult and not blow my dosh on games when I already have a backlog along with a good 4 games that I play actively and have to try and allocate my limited free time to... that is until the kid in me goes "stfu pops! just game it up!", So I had to buy it and best of all, turns out I had a £10 voucher for EGS so in the end the game was £29.99 :D:D:D

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This! I can't get over how well they did the controls, I'm playing with the X360s controller which has a pretty mediocre D-pad when compared to the dual shocks and the controls work really well and accurately. Performance is great, games still an absolute blast to play ( 3.5hrs has just drained out of my life without me even realising ). This is probably the remaster of the century. If you grew up playing the Tony Hawk games, you owe it to yourself to play this!

I wish the create a skater was a bit more varied but it'll do, I do however like all the little cosmetic things you can unlock through playing the game. Had a go at online mode and it works really well but I need to level up my character a bit to get my stats up and unlock some special slots. The create a park looks pretty whacky too, haven't tried making my own but tried some of the ones others made and there's some cool stuff out there.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350

Repo Man likes this.
  15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    I would like to thank everyone involved in making this game - truly wonderful to replay these old games again.

I would also like to thank Sony for creating a controller that can plug directly into the PC!

...Yet, I would add that my middle finger phalanges on both hands is in brutal pain, due to the (very sharp) R2/L2 plastic cover on the underside is like a frickin scapel on my fingers (big hands) BUT this is also memory lane for me, as the original PS1 controller instead had a screw-hole that used to do the same thing.

Very, very impressed, top quality game and just a reminder that all you need is intuitive control systems and rock-solid game mechanics to make a great game and TWITCH has many people playing this game, and just lovin' the hell out of it.

Grats to all