1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomorrow - On Friday the 26th 2010

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 1500/1075
    my ati can withstand 120 or so they say. but my other components for sure wont :D

2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Legitreview says it's at 51C idle:
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1258/11/

edit:
    "with two monitors the GeForce GTX 480 graphics card would idle at 90C"

This could have something to do with:

"We are currently keeping memory clock high to avoid some screen flicker when changing power states, so for now we are running higher idle power in dual-screen setups. Not sure when/if this will be changed. Also note we're trading off temps for acoustic quality at idle. We could ratchet down the temp, but need to turn up the fan to do so. Our fan control is set to not start increasing fan until we're up near the 80's, so the higher temp is actually by design to keep the acoustics lower."
    - NVIDIA PR

Edit2:
    480 in SLI running at 110C(!)
    http://www.hardware.fr/articles/787-4/dossier-nvidia-geforce-gtx-480.html

=
    [​IMG] :D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  3. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    this is something i tougth since i saw this video ( please go to this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdExkuvGySE ) i tougth "more years to come, tehnology will improve video rendering, new cores, new chips, new everything, and as cellphones, it will be slim and small card" but NO... now i see bigger cards, high power consumption, high db levels.. and so on.. so, in a few more years, those nvidia or ati cards will be so huge and load, and power hungry, that they have to be cage into and special soundproof box, direct conect to a special psu...

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    My old 8800GT hit 120c once, thought it was an error until i looked inside the case and saw the label curling and coming off, thankfully it was just a loose power cable, and no immediate damage was done, and over 2years later it's still plodding along, as hot and as noisy as every.

5. Namsu2403

Namsu2403 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4870
    I just realised this thread has over 24000 views in like 2 days, nice one

6. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I just realised i got 10emails from Guru3D subscriptions and 9 were about the Fermi cards, the hype with Nvidia cards whether it positive or negative is always way out of hand.

But, tbh, im enjoying it lol.

7. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte 970 g1
    hmmm after seeing the psu requirements i guess im gonna have to get a new psu when i get my hands on that 480

8. SJ911

SJ911 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 295
    Lol, that's for sure. Unless you want to hear snap-crackle-pop and it won't be Rice Krispies this time. :)

9. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    This review really makes me appreciate my old timer 280 :)

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
    Doesn't look like they are selling well, Ebuyer hasn't sold any at all yet, as they show how many cards they have to pre-order, and they've still got the same amount left of each one, that they had on release day pmsl. :D

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  12. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    That doesnt mean they haven't sold any.
    The site always looks more tempting if they show a quantity as it looks like they are in stock. If they were in stock physically and the stock number wasnt going down then i would agree with you.

I think a lot of people may be put off due to the UK pricing of them.
    I was all set to buy a 480 before the launch, and was quite adamant i was going to get one when i knew the USA price was $499 (£340), but when i seen that we were going to have to pay over £100 more i am more reluctant.
    I will still get one (or a ATI 5*), but may now go for the 470 instead, just undecided before i press the button, but have another 2 weeks to make my mind up as they arent available to be shipped until the 12th, so no rush.

Why PMSL when you already have a decent ATI card? Why even bother visiting this thread if your happy with it? Why does it bother you so?
    I can never understand why people are so troubled about it. Its like a touch of jealousy. No need to be jealous, you already have a great card.
    And BTW, they haven't been released yet. The 26th was the day that Nvidia allowed the reviews to be aired. They aren't released until the 12th April.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  13. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Rich_Guy is to be ignored, he is the worst kind of fanboy and nothing more than a troll when it comes to comes to anything Nvidia.

He also seems to have a low understanding of things, so maybe he can't help it:wanker:

14. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    An ambient of 26c is a very common temperature in the warmer places of the world.

In Georgia, even with AC, somtimes we let it get around there to save money on cooling.

In some cases, the cards would be expected to perform in even warmer environments.

Do you think that they should list, right under the PSU requirements, the requirement that your home be air conditioned?

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    My ambient room temp is between 14-16c, when it gets near to 20c i start to get uncomfortable, god knows how people manage 26+

Of course people shouldn't have to have air conditioned rooms to run a card, but when a site is benchmarking, they are creating skewed results by testing in conditions much warmer than the average room.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    well tbh it never hits 26 here, even when its full summer here, and its about 34c outside in the full sun (i have a flat roof) my ambient wont ever hit 26. and i dont have AC, only ceiling fans.
    they might as well test the cards in africa, as that will stress the card even more LOL

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    and the point about ambient temps is?? stop being so defensive about nv.. its loud, its hot, its pos, get over it.

18. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    lol we're in Scotland buddy, its never warm here and rains constantly. 25c+ is very normal for many countries.

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    haha, yeah, of course its pretty baltic here, never said here was average, but neither is 26c.

20c is probably the average room temp, so its flawed to test at such high temperatures even if many places do get that warm, as would someone testing a GTX480 in a room with single figure temps.
    I saw my CPU hit 15c, and GPU 26c when i left them in my living room with open windows at Christmas there.

20. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    My ambs can get around 25c usually sit 23c though but my pcs right beside heater:banana: