Tomb Raider: Lara Croft Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BABA-The Hacker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF OC
    Only thing you have over me is sli 680, I have a single 680. What sorcery are you pulling or is SLI just that magical?

I'm at a constant 60 myself but I do dip in the large open areas, especially shantytown. I run everything max, except ssao which is at normal and no hairfx. Just wondering what I need to do to pull a constant 60fps, is it my drivers (310.90) or is it really sli?

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm leaving this game until they have fixed it, its a shame to waste it.
    Theres too much wrong by the sound of it.

3. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    The crashes started getting more frequent. After the part where Lara meets up with the rest of the characters near the beginning I got a crash that forced me to restart Windows without shutting it down first. I now refuse to play the game until it's fixed which is a shame because I was having so much fun.

Also found another bug: the Xbox 360 controller aim sensitivity won't stick. Lucky the default is okay (about 45%) but I would prefer to set it at 50%.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    I knew something isnt right with aiming sensitivity if i lower it a bit, now it reverts to minimum mouse sensitivity.

Normal sensitivity sticks.

5. jordash

jordash Member

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I thought the same thing until I tried the settings. It looks a lot better when in motion.

6. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080Ti
    I finished the game last night, 78% - I feel sad now, I want more. Which is a good sign. I may go back and try to 100% it. Well worth £20. Hope the upcoming DLC isn't multiplayer focused, I want more tombs to raid.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Welcome my friend to the Freeze Club because every single crash for me has been of that variety. I've had ten at least so far during my 8-9 hours of playing it. I've never ever come across a game before that was so broken with current drivers. I've had games crash to the desktop, of course, but not ones that continually freeze my PC and require me to use the reset button on my tower case. :3eyes:

The weird thing is that I still haven't really identified what causes this freezing since I've played it with v-sync, tessellation and TressFX hair off and still had them. The only commonality is that the game hitches for a split-second during auto-saves and sometimes freezes for 1-2 seconds in the same places when running around and it isn't saving (I tested this last night while backtracking for the hidden secrets). I'm wondering if they're the real cause because I've had two corrupted/lost saves but thankfully was able to recover them from the cloud.

8. freeman28

freeman28 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670
    I have the same crashes on that area, after Lara meets up with rest of the characters.

I don't understand how the game comes out like this, some games on Alpha stage are more playable..............

9. kaneos

kaneos Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 TI
    Delete the Tomb Raider profile and add TombRaider.exe to the Hitman Absolution profile resolved for me crash and freeze.

There still are some framerate issues with the TressFx on when the camera is very close to Lara (when the camera is far enough, no problems). But that, will only be fixed with new driver or nvidia patch.

10. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Ordered my copy from UK since NA has no physical release for some reason :/ hmm maybe they will have the patches sorted time i get it 2-3weeks can't wait

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Steam shows I've been playing for 16.1 hours... longer than I thought. I managed to actually play this game for as long as I wanted to and exit it normaly, oh my gosh! I disabled tessellation but left exclusive fullscreen on (I think leaving it off might make the game more unstable but I can't be absolutely sure). It still hitches when saving but it is playable. I also noticed seams in the scenery with tessellation on so the game actually looks better with it turned off!!!

My save shows I'm 73% complete and I feel I'm coming to the last stretch but it has been a lot of fun (crashes aside). I will go back to get 100% completion though and will replay it once it has been fully patched and has working drivers to enable it to be played on maximum settings. I know the old Tomb Raider games were very much "of their time" and feel and look extremely dated to play now but the one thing I've missed from this game is the puzzle solving and tomb exploration which you only really get in the optional tombs you find but those are depressingly small. I love the island setting but if the game was actually seamless (i.e. no loading screens once you started playing) and one giant area with a dozen or more large tombs to explore and complete in any order, that take at least an hour to solve, with this same engine then the game would be perfect IMO.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  12. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FW3 U
    Hii well for me all get Smoot and cool since the patch i don't have eny problems , but i am agree wee need a better drivers from nvidia fast

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I've played 8 hours and I'm still at 20%. :gape:

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Gotta stop looking at Lara!

15. zkalra

zkalra New Member

GPU:
    GTX 690 Quad SLI
    Amazing Game!! Best of the year so far.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    lmao, climbing up/down ladders for 8 hours long :p

17. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Still enjoying the game, I decided to restart with all the effects enabled (now the patch has fixed them) and some sweetFX - gonna actually watch the story now as well.

Also im changing the name, it's no longer Tomb Raider (it's really not) - it's now "Lara Croft. The Legend of the Sun Queen"

[​IMG]
    :D.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Sweet. :)

19. eagled1

eagled1 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI 4GB
    Yes use the hitman absolution profile for sli bits in Nvidia Inspector.

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    9 hours now. Just reached The Hall of Ascension. Least I'm getting my moneys worth. :banana: