Tomb Raider: Lara Croft Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BABA-The Hacker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    i have just finished it and im starting it all over again

this is a great couloir-game-like, great colors game too xD

finished it at 80%. I want more

2. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Yes indeed Why would you ever want to not play in full screen? It's a temporary solution for Tomb raider only or you can wait until they patch it.

(most) other games: play them in fullscreen :eek:c:

3. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Lol they were too easy. You want real puzzles try the Longest Journey, the testament of Sherlock Holmes. :banana:

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For a modern action/adventure game it wasn't that bad, most were rather short though and the actual tombs were basically a single small puzzle which was often also very easy.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ??? which ones? Puzzles were a joke. that elevator one, towards the end was so stupid. you have to get the lift to drop, ok, but there was a door at the bottom of the shaft which Lara couldn't pry open? even though 10 minutes later she's prying bigger, sturdier doors open no problem.

Just finished the game btw. I have to say, the ending was quite fun, the last level I mean. It was so stupidly ott it was actually fun to play and the gunfight was actually almost challenging when you have 3+ mobs attacking you from close range and a few from distance, plus grenades/dynamite... The end fight was meh, dunno, it was just too easy, no real mechanics to it, you just dodge and shoot, kill the adds rince repeat, bit dull.

Saying that, I think CD have a really good core here for a really good follow up game. there's clearly going to be a sequel and the engine they made (or borrowed, not sure) is brilliant for these kind of games. the controls are spot on, fast, responsive and accurate, the jumping is really good, the camera is as good as I've ever seen, really. it's just a shame that the game around this engine ended up being so dull. I really hope the next installment is a lot better, I want some more jaw dropping moments (at least one, not like in this). Also, the graphics engine is good enough to work in different environments so go for it CD, please don't make me be stuck on one brown island!!! 6/10

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    i really felt the puzzles were poor tbh, uncharted puzzles were much better imo.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, man I wish U2 came out on PC. I know it'll never happen, but it would be great. I'm not sure how many of you guys have played the Uncharted series, but it's worth getting a ps3 for. One of the must have games of the PS3 generation and I'll be buying a PS4 for next gen MSG, Uncharted, GranTurismo and Killzone games.

8. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Played all three of the uncharted games, second one being the best imo. Not played that vita version yet though.

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I can't remember a single U3 puzzle myself. :D

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I never played U3 (sold my ps3 before it came out) but those puzzles just make TR puzzles look silly.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    argh quick i need my ps3 back! (u3 looks ace) did exactly the same...

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    animations look bad in U3 compared to TR. but that's exactly what I mean, we have a great engine here with TR's engine, just need a good game made using it. TR is just lacking in too many ways.

14. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080Ti
    I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. Very cool. Sure the story is nothing to write home about and the majority of the puzzles are kid-ish, but the combat, stealth and somewhat limited exploration is cool. Plus the animations and seamless cover/combat are so damn slick that they more than make up for the game's shortcomings. This rebooted franchise has a bright future IMO.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, you pretty much nailed all the good things about it. Let's hope the next game is all this plus a really epic story this franchise deserves.

16. Goutan

Goutan Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    This is my first game in the Tomb Raider franchise and I'm beginning to realize how much I've missed out on. To me, the lack of puzzle depth isn't an issue as long as the game keeps the pacing high until the end. I'm ~3 hours in and have been completely blown away by the graphic quality and gameplay. This is one of the few single player games that I've picked up in the past year that I've legitimately enjoyed (Bastion being the other one that comes to mind).

I definitely feel that it deserves the 9.0+ ratings it's receiving from reviewers. Definitely a fantastic game to pick up. I may delve into the rest of the games in the series after this if they are on par with this quality. The art style of the game really grabs me though, and I'm worried that the others don't take the same approach.

17. Solitude

Solitude Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7870 XT 2GB
    This game is pure gold! 9/10 from my side. Near the end and not a single boring moment.

18. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hopefully they can find room for more brown in the color palette next time. :wanker:

19. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  20. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    games good so far, just a tid bit unreliable. yep, nvidia user here. i hope they fix all those issues soon (tessellation artifacts, crashes, graphic errors, awful tressfx performance and so on and so on).

here are some screens of the game (with sweetfx):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    comparison screenshots and source at http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/204/