Tomb Raider: Lara Croft Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BABA-The Hacker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    @Eclap

You seem to love Uncharted as much as i do. But by the sound of it TR isnt as good as U2? Might have to wait until it goes on sale.

2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Your problem is you can't wait to get back to GW2. :)

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I think I can't find a better convince than this. Thank you.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Uncharted does have a better atmosphere, I agree. Nathan Drake is very much like Indiana Jones, a handsome, cheeky, charming ruffian, who you instantly grow fond of while playing and he is chatty and funny. Lara on the other hand, because she is inexperienced, is a bit harder to relate to plus her situation, where she is pretty much on her own. and that lack of confidence doesn't allow for much humour or even dialogue so it is a more sobering and serious experience. Uncharted, undoubtedly, has a better story, dialogue and characters in that respect.

Also, I cannot believe how much abuse poor old Lara is put through during this game. I actually wince during some of the setpieces such that if any one was watching me play they'd think I was feeling all her pain. How she survives I'll never know but the only part of the game where her injuries are actually acknowledged is the
    Shantytown bit where she has to reach a helicopter and she is so hurt that she cannot even jump or pull herself up ledges. This is forgotten about everywhere else though!

5. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    The part after that where she heats the arrow tip and impales herself with it. The scream she lets out is just horrid.

6. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Turning off HDR (which looks like ****) gave +10 FPS boost. Lower draw distance to High from Ultra reduced lag in "larger" areas. LARGER in this game means a level smaller than DeusEx 1's Liberty Island.

Needs patch from CD to optimize the whole damn thing and fix the bugs they left on nVidia cards just cause AMD payed them for cheap hair tech (which looks good only when you don't pay attention to it.. also, comically the hair stay in shape frozen when Lara is upside down.. REALISTIC HAIR DERP AMD POWER).

7. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Active Member

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    HDR ? i don't see this option.
    Draw distance = deph of field ?

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Just a quick for those of you with NVIDIA cards that are experiencing crashes with this game when tessellation and/or TressFX hair is enabled - are you actually getting crashes to the desktop, complete with error message window, or is it freezing your system such that it requires a hard reset?

I'm only asking because all of my crashes so far have been the latter and have required me to press the reset button on my tower case. I'm wondering if these freezes might actually be the result of an unstable CPU overclock rather than the game itself as I've even experienced freezing with the Hitman Ab SLI flag and even the v311.06 drivers which are said to be stable for this game with tessellation.

It's difficult to know what people mean exactly when they say their game has crashed so I'd appreciate some feedback as it would help me determine whether it is the game or my CPU overclock. Thanks.

9. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    No, depth of field is the manual or auto focus control by camera at distance.
    HDR is high-dynamic range - ballance of lights (any color) corrected.

10. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Active Member

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    i have crash to destok and complete freeze of my system, i must to reboot. don't panic lol. cpu i7 950 at clock

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's a good game, just not sure it's worth the money. it's short and nothing I haven't played before. it has nothing on u2 I'm afraid. imho.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    just one of the things that make no sense, among a long list of others that completely ruin the immersion and the believability of the game story.

13. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    If there is a way to turn off automatic "survival instinct" before every puzzle i would
    like to know... It so ruins my Tomb Raider experience and makes the game bad. I dont need stupid auto help.

14. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I get the game freeze (no error at first) issue. I think it's when a checkpoint is written as I seem to recall seeing the TR logo on the bottom right hand corner when the crash occurs. It doesn't hard lock my PC as I can ctrl+alt+del to windows and end the task. Tessellation+TressFX disabled.

15. freeman28

freeman28 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670
    I have tested this game with different drivers, different CPU Clocks, overclock and stock, and are all the same to me. My computer freezes and I have to press reset button on my tower. Yesterday I played Battlefield 3 for 2 hours without any issues, after getting a computer freeze when playing Tomb Raider. The problem is the game, not our computers.

16. tw1st

tw1st Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Sucks you guys are having so many issues. I guess I must have lucked out, no FPS drops, no crashes, tessellation works, all ultra all the latest beta drivers. The only thing is the full screen effects which seems to affect everyone.

Hope nvidia resolves this one soon :/

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks to those people who've replied to my freezing question; they're much appreciated. It looks like it very likely isn't caused by my 3.65 GHz CPU overclock after all as it was stable for 2 hours of Prime95, a 30 minute Acronis True Image backup that stresses all 8-threads more than most games and hours of gaming on Crysis 3 at maxed DX11 settings.

I must admit that I'm getting really fed up of all the freezes with this game; I was able to play it for 2 hours at one point but it tends to crash after usually an hour. I can usually tell when it is going to freeze as the game starts to suffer from split second and, sometimes, 1-2 second freezes, usually when it auto-saves (TR icon in the bottom right corner of the screen). I have this with the v311.06, v314.07 and v314.14 drivers so it would appear to be a game issue rather than a driver one. I thought it might be related to TressFX hair but I get freezes even with that disabled.

Bit of a mess for me really.

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    turn off tess and the hair & run on one gpu? dont use ssao, just txaa, looks almost the same to me. (i found even 2xssao would cause big fps drops in the open areas).

played and finished the game with only minor hiccups. (did have one stopped working) yes i realise it's a pita but for me i'd just stop playing it and wait.

part of the reason i never got a 2nd 580. things like this would really irritate.

am on 314.09

oh and validate steam files? (longshot).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/19us99/tomb_raider_pc_woes_update/

20. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Good to see the comments and complaints are being addressed. Unlike some other devs that would just go meh.