Tomb Raider: Lara Croft Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BABA-The Hacker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    For me (unless I'm doing it wrong) when not using the little borderless app, when maximised I still get a small blue (my default windows colour) bar at the very top to the screen - it's quite small, but it is noticeable.
    ---
    I'm blaming KingpinZero, if he hadn't posted the effects where missing I could have played in blissful ignorance - unfortunately what's been seen cannot be unseen :(.
    Not really blaming you KingpinZero, just joking matey :D

2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I got it today, the story cheeeze and the press X cuteness make it a 1/10. The rest of the game about 3/4 in is a 9 so far. Dunno how to give an overall rating based on that tho

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yes, it's somewhat good at times, followed by such facepalms it's beyond belief. hence my overall rating of 6/10 atm. they did miss a big opportunity here. the controls are for once real good, compared to other TR games, but a lot of the game leaves a lot to be desired. Bit of a shame. Also, it's ridiculously short. I hardly ever finish games, but I think I'll finish this one, because just when I thought I was only beginning to scratch the surface of the storyline, I find out that I'm 3/4 through the game. WTF???

4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Hmmm.. I believe this game deserved at least 8/10. I don't know, maybe because I take it slow, stop, and enjoy every little corner of the game (Plus, get myself kill on purpose to see the dead animation). XD

Hence, I spent 8hrs in this game, only 33% completed. But love love every min of it. Now if only SquareEnix would release that critical patch to fix that humongous fullscreen bug and improve v-sync buffering. :bang:

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dunno, the game needs a lot more than a patch imho, it needs to go back to the studio. It's a bit meh, really. It lacks that epic production Uncharted 2 had. It has nothing on Uncharted 2, unfortunately. Totally forgetable. Unlike U2.

6. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    I actually had the opposite - I thought I was close to the end only to find out I was about half way.

Game took me about 12 hours to complete a single playthrough, in which I got 73% completion rate (so I have some collectibles). I'd say that's a decent length to be honest.

7. ryoohki360

ryoohki360 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte/GTX660TI/2GIG
    Almost completed it at 11 hours, close to the end. To be honest, more than 16 hours is too much for me, i loose interest and stop playing, that's why i never finished Masseffect 1,2,3 even if i own them lOL! :0

8. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
  9. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I hated tomb raider before this game but I love this 8.5/10 for me :)

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    not saying it's short, because I don't usually finish games like this, so for me it's a bit of an unknown, really, but I could sit down now and complete it if I wanted. for me, that's bad value for money. Just saying. I guess I prefer games where there's no "ending".

11. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    It does not let me in the options, it crash immediately.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Alright, looks like a must buy then, you fella's convinced me. But will wait for price to drop and finish Crysis 3.

13. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    MMO is for you. Try TERA. AND it is FREE! With cute girls as a bonus. :)

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Ok i fixed it, thanks to some user at Eidos forums.

The trick is to leave AspectRatio at AUTO and yes it works only in windowed mode.

Tested in benchmark:
    alt+enter fullscreen it disappears, alt+enter windowed mode and its back..

15. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I hope Eidos will fix this today. Don't want to take a break from such an awesome game.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Same here, no game is good enough to hold my attention too long, the record is 40hours on FF7 and I was bored well before that.

Enjoying this so far, not as good as Uncharted 2, but better than Uncharted 3 but none of those games can touch Tomb Raider 2.

17. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    You can avoid to mess with task bar. Set the game to run windowed, right click on app icon, select first option (f3).
    Then click on the windowed game or inside it and press f3. That should do it.
    For those with the small border, remember you can setup a profile in the border less app and move the window up and down using y or x axis.

Im on win8 as well. Also as i mentioned, i renamed the exe and added it to hitman absolution profile. If you dont do this, the driver will load up the TR profile no matter what.

LOL no worries matey ;)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  18. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    they released a patch and they took it off !!! wtf ??? i read somewhere

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol, no thanks. TERA is terrible imho. I like MMOs/ARPGs/Racing sims etc. games you can't really finish and games you get hundreds of hours out off.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    right need some help with the last level. think it's a bug..

am at the chasm stronghold where's there's a procession of stormguard and a big one that is having his armour fixed. lara says "i need to be quiet". nothing happens and i cant see a way past them.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013