Tomb Raider: Lara Croft Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BABA-The Hacker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Playing on Ultra, 2x SSAA and DoF to Normal - getting 60fps 99% of the time with minor dips to 55 or so. GPU is pretty much constantly being taxed at 99% too, so seems like the perfect level.

Had to disable Tessellation as got graphical glitch when exiting first cave as many users have.

TressFX absolutely kills FPS and thrashes GPU, and it looked pretty rubbish anyway, so disabled it.

Game doesn't remember AA setting and defaults to FXAA each launch.

Can't force AA using Inspector or NVIDIA Control Panel - just doesn't work. Any ideas why/how? I'd like to use in game FXAA and force MSAA.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Very good game IMO, I have played 20min this game, and so far based on review trends, deserves a 9-9.5/10.

Square Enix have never let me down so far on any of their releases so anything they release in future is an insta-buy. THEY DESERVE YOUR MONEY!

Optimized very well for PC, getting 102 FPS + on extreme settings(But that stupid hair thing off)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Runs good on my oldie too :banana:
    GPU@ 900MHz. High Preset

[​IMG]

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what settings? I think what sli is getting at that those having gtx 680 etc want better performance. They want AMD equivalent performance and they're not getting it atm. Hell, I just played for an hour, Ultimate settings, 2xSSAA, everything maxed and even had TressFX on, which I didn't notice until something like 10 minutes in... that's how well the game performed. Think that's what those greens want too. which they'll get, well, almost get soon enough, I'm sure.

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    yeah, I guess that's true.

6. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    anyone else having the issue where the SSAA setting does not stick after exiting the game?...it keeps reverting to FXAA...I have to manually change it back to SSAA every time I re-enter the game

7. Gottex

Gottex Guest

GPU:
    3080Ti
    I've got the same problem :bang:

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    High minus Precision thing. Like this

[​IMG]

9. Oblit

Oblit Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC 2GB SLI
    I signed up to provide info about High Precision:

It has something to do with shadows placement, I play in 3D vision everything was fine until I turned off high precision. The shadows were placed incorrectly and went back to normal after i turned high precision on.

I will provide stereoscopic screenshots (cross-eye-able) when I get off of work.

10. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    What really makes that high precision thing, i see none difference.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its could be to do with correct placement of objects (ie shadows) in the Z plane as well.

13. Oblit

Oblit Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC 2GB SLI
    You will not see the difference unless you are playing in Stereoscopic 3D.

14. Sinean

Sinean Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 7900 xt
    Hmmm, in the geothermal area rescueing friends, For some reason I no longer have flaming arrows. Restarted the game and still no flaming arrows, can't finish this. I have to shoot the explosive gas to make the counterweight drop :(

no clue why the arrows are no longer flaming

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Leave it off, big hit to performance, no noticeable visual boost.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    ''We are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings. Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn’t receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible.
    In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games.''

ManuelG

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...e-a-look-at-tomb-raider/post/3752523/#3752523

18. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Good to see some optimization coming in. Wonder if AMD will follow suit?

19. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Just played 90 minutes with the Hitman Absolution SLI bits at max settings, hair and tessellation on, with FXAA and my setup easily maintains 60fps - very smooth and no crashing now.

The natural cover system (no crouch or cover button) works great. So far, it feels like what I imagine an Uncharted game would.

20. beseitfia

beseitfia Guest

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    it is possible to activate sli in game? Actually my second gpu doesn't seem to work