Tomb Raider: Lara Croft Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BABA-The Hacker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. menaceuk

menaceuk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Really enjoying it.

Not sure where all these performance issues are coming from. My Rig is pure crap and I can max it( except tressfx) with FXAA @1080P and get a steady 30FPS 98% of the time.

I turned high res shadows, tesselation and that weird one off though.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    w00t :D just received my retail DVD from mailman. I was kinda expecting it tomorrow, installing now ^^

edit: lol retail dvd installed 7.2GB and now steam downloads other 1.6gb, total 8.9gb..

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    You have an AMD graphics card running a game that is AMD 'Games Evolved' branded, and no doubt optimized for their cards, that's why. NVIDIA obviously need a swift kick up the backside to get their drivers up to scratch and also the developers need to patch the game as well probably. I guess it makes a change for NVIDIA card owners to get the short end of the stick, and, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting really fed up of these branded games that run poorly at launch and require patches and driver updates to fix issues. These often take weeks, if not months, and by that time I've somehow managed to finish the game with all their issues and moved onto something else. It just spoils the whole experience.

Both AMD and NVIDIA alike have a responsibility to PC gamers to ensure that they get a playable experience from launch not sometime afterwards. I can accept the odd bug, that's the nature of making ever complex games, but issues like this tessellation issue are as unforgiveable as Batman: Arkham City's broken DX11 mode was. Poor, just poor. :puke2:

Yes, we can turn off tessellation but why should people with capable systems have to? I bought GTX 680 SLI so I could run all my games at maximum settings not have to turn features off to stop my PC crashing!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    Well directCompute is stronger on AMD 6900 and 7900 series, no wonder it will run faster compared to GF110/GK104.

I will see what's up with tessellation on GF110 in a moment, 3 min to go... Common steam, lol at least its maxing out my DL connection. :)

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nobody is saying we want this to be a sandbox game. but someone says there is exploration in TR when it's 99% linear.

6. evohan

evohan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    hi dont work sweetfx 1.3 with my game ... why ?

pls upload your files

7. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    WOW this is definitely one of the best looking games thus far. Shout out to Nixxes for optimizing this game (specially for AMD users :p). Ultra settings and 95% of the time 60 fps. Tressfx drains 10-12 fps on my HD 7870 but man does it look good. (also tressfx seems to affect Nvidia users more, there are people with 660ti who get 15-20 fps drop with tressfx).

Also one tip for AMD users who want more fps: TURN OFF ingame AA also FXAA (it's demanding as hell). Run the game with RadeonPro and inject SMAA (ultra) to the game. It will look sharper than ingame fxaa and is less demanding. Don't know bout Nvidia inspector though...

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I disagree.

You can backtrack to previous locations and explore them for secrets at your leisure so it is untrue to say this is a 99% linear game. Hunting animals awards you XP which allows you to learn new skills and collecting salvage allows you to upgrade your weapons so there's a reason to do it even if it isn't essential to the completion of the game.

Linear games do not allow you to backtrack for starters and they almost certainly do not reward exploration either. A linear game is something like Call of Duty or Aliens: Colonial Marines (bleurgh!!!) but while this isn't as open as, say, Far Cry 3 or Skyrim, if you take your time with the game then there is stuff to see and find outside of the main storyline. Whether you choose to do it is up to the player but I'm personally enjoying searching for all the collectibles and stuff to get 100% completion on each area. I've played this game for over two hours, looking around and exploring, which is probably around an hour if you just played it from one objective to the other.

9. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Active Member

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    idem, sweet fx don't work with tomb raider, i close fraps and it work. may be you have fraps open ?

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Tried upgrading Fraps?
    (3.5.9.99 or what the latest version was, it's a small update to 3.5.9 though so maybe it's something with the game or the SweetFX code.)

11. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    I've only played about the first half of Uncharted 1, and just now spent 2 hours on TR.

I'd say that it's about tied or a bit better than Uncharted to me so far, which is quite a shock. It is super cinematic feeling, and the graphics in motion look fantastic. I'm getting some weird tressfx hair spazz sometimes, but other times it looks great. I'm pleasantly surprised, I didn't think I'd be enjoying the game this much. Hopefully it keeps up like this for the rest of the game.

12. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    I also had a bug with the old version of fraps preventing Pro injecting any OSD/SFX effects to DX11 like BF3, Arkham city, AC3. Disabling fraps and using Pro's fps counter solved it.

13. prodigalson1

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan

thanks bro

14. prodigalson1

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    what i can use ? fraps don't work, msi afterburner works 1 game on 5.....

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well TressFx takes away ~ 25-30fps on avg., lol i expected less :|

I tested like so
    [​IMG]

TressFX ON
    Avg: 45.3fps
    Max: 56.4fps

TressFX Off
    avg:74,0fps
    Max:91,4fps

Also there looks like a memory/cuda direct compute leak with TressFX if you change ingame settings and test benchmark again (fps drops to 10fps), quitting the game completely fixes it.

Gonna play a bit later and I see Multiplayer has a lot of options (Free for all, TDM, etc):)

16. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    No problem :) I don't know the cause of this bug though. Seems like fraps conflicts with Pro in DX10 and 11 games. Only dx9 + fraps + Pro seem to work.

17. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    Are you using RadeonPro? Why don't you use the built in FPs counter? It works just like fraps.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yes, I came across exactly the same issue while benchmarking early this morning. Fixed it, as you said, by exiting and restarting the game. I've only seen it in this benchmark and not in the game itself though.

19. prodigalson1

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    i download the radeon pro but i see nothing for fps counter. i use nvidia card.

20. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    When you add a profile next to 'delete current profile' there is a settings button. Click that then go to FPS counter and choose where you want the fps counter to be. (it works just like fraps)