Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Same! Have the 8th off work so will play quite a bit, unfortunately working all day Saturday but have Sunday evening off. And have the release week booked off work just for this, can't wait for the game, should be good.

2. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I only got the first one in the last humble bundle, but It got me interested. Although, I'm not sure what there is to do at the max level. Is it just grinding for random gear in DZ ? and how is the sequel supposed to be in that regard ? As in, is there something to do when you just play casually and solo, or is it too early for anyone to know ?

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    It's a constant gear grind. Not necessarily DZ grind, you can get BiS pieces from many different activities, then there's re-rolling and optimising of gear.

Very similar to Diablo3 gearing in many ways, you find gear, you almost have the perfect piece but you can tweak it to make it godlike.

Regarding end game, I love DZ in a group in The Division, all on Discord VOIP, it's the most fun I've had in a game in the last few years. The community is great (in good and bad ways) and it's a blast. Other than that, you can run Underground, short instanced runs, you can play survival, you can do incursions, structured PvP, kill world bosses etc.

Very layman's terms description, but I hope you got the idea.

TD2 will be quite different in many ways, DZ will have a very different feel and some game modes will be missing at launch. But, there's 3 free DLCs coming out in year one so fingers crossed we'll have a game that is continuously growing and improving.

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Not sure if I'm gonna play the beta I'm currently ridiculously addicted to the first one again, not sure I want to stop anytime soon!

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Thanks, I guess I do understand. I'd love to try the beta, because some changes look great and I could get into i.e. pvp. But I probably woun't be buying on the day one, as I there could be very little for me to do at the end game.

Well, at least with no NDA on upcoming beta there will be plenty of footage, so maybe I'm wrong.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Can't know how Division 2 will pan out in this regard yet but you should definitely play the first Division end game to get a feel for it.

There's lots of stuff you can do solo and casually, enough variety to avoid having to grind the same mission / event / etc. for eternity. Unless you want to ofc.

Division end game at its current state is maybe some of the best end game implemenations. There's always some gear piece or something you can hunt for to improve your build.

7. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I'm level 24 right now, so I'll probably finish leveling before weekend and I'll try the end game (I hope). I was a long time WoW player and I don't mind grind, however I am very sensitive toward the reward system.

Basically in WoW now your entire gear is almost arbitrarily awarded with huge amount of items with various stats that can also randomly get socket or other improvements. On top of that a few months later with release of new tier it's all going to be completely replaced with new gear. And I'm just not interested in something similar. I also don't really have time to play regularly so solo content is more interesting to me.

And as I've said it looks quite interesting, they added classes to the game which could also diversify the gameplay and from what I read the enemies shouldn't be such bullet sponges, which is also nice. I just don't know if it's worth to buy at release, but maybe there will be open beta again before then.

8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

I got the game through the AMD Ryzen purchase, but I am pretty sure you can try this next (7th February) beta for the game for just 4 bucks (euros) or so, from cdkeys :D

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Division's loot system is partially similar, with RNG drops and stats, but certain pieces will have a certain selection of attributes and stats and one or two attributes can be rerolled depending on piece.

Furthermore there's an optimization station so you can minmax your piece if it has the right attributes -> no need to grind for another identical piece but with better rolls.

Also gear tiers are now set in, once you get best tier gear it will be best tier gear now and forever so no resets.
    There were a few leveling / tier tweaks along the way but now that the game is "complete" everything's set in place / tweaked / balanced.

The variety of builds you can go for with gear sets etc. is worth lots of playtime alone.

You can play end game solo very well, all PvE content is playable and enjoyable solo.
    Well except Incursions (similar to Destiny's Raids) but there are better alternatives for gear drops anyway.
    (You can play Incursions solo but it's not good as enemy amount and type is designed for a full group and doesn't scale with group size, in Incursions.
    Also at least one Incursion can't be completed solo).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  10. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I haven't been keeping track with this.. in what ways, if any, is this game visually superior to the first one? Or is it like Destiny 1 to 2 where it's more like a lateral/subtle move? Because from the footage I've seen it's definitely the latter.
    I'm still feeling the burn from the E3 footage of the first one -_-

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    It'll run on an updated snowdrop engine. It'll look fine, not a massive upgrade over the first game, which looked great.

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I have tricked you all by bringing this one back to life. This is the wrong thread. My bad. xD

signex likes this.