Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I feel the same about this, the winter setting does so much to make the original game feel as good as it does.

I'm sure they will try to do something similar in D2 but I'm not sure how you can make Summer in DC feel as threatening as a hard winter in NYC.

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    You start off naked and alone under the withering DC sun and have to find clothes to provide UV protection whilst also seeking water and making homemade sunscreen out of cow dung? ;)

AsiJu and BangTail like this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm so they're switching from Steam to Epic's store, interesting.
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...g-steam-for-the-epic-games-store-on-pc.92331/

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...ditching-steam-for-the-epic-games-store-on-pc

EDIT: Oh shi...this is the PART 2 of the original game not the topic for the actual second game. Whoops.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That is a very stupid thing to do, the Epic store is garbage at present, developers and publishers like it because they pay less to sell on it but it has absolutely no protection for consumers (refund policy) and is incredibly limited in functionality.

I'm all for competing against Steam but at least provide something even semi comparable, not a bare bones joke of an online store.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I've been trying to understand the decision but I don't get it.

Short-sighted is the only answer I'm getting so far from the decision.

So Steam increases the split for "AAA" developers so they can get up to 80% instead of the 70% and 30 to Valve from before, Epic offers 85% so they get a 5% difference but lose access to the established Steam digital user base consisting of around 100 some million accounts which even if only a small part of those purchase multiple titles frequently that's still millions of potential sales.

Epic has a up and coming client of mostly a handful of indie games in comparison and lacking numerous features (Regional pricing being a big one for consumers from what I know.) so even if Epic used some of their own funds to pick up Division 2 (And other as it turns out.) Ubisoft publishing rights from Steam to Epic (And Ubisoft's own store still being a alternative.) it just seems pretty short sighted losing sales and moving to a less established still heavily WIP platform but we will see I guess.

EDIT:
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ur-of-the-epic-games-store-for-the-division-2

EDIT: Ah so at most it's a 8% increase but that's still not very big for how much they risk losing out on.
    Not that PC platform is usually the target in the first place but this does only affect PC and risks really reducing sales as a result of this decision for whatever titles they end up shifting to Epic's store.
    (Not too sure how big Ubisoft's own digital store is, doing a bit better I guess and users on Steam do have to utilize both clients either way but there's still some loss from ditching Steam I'm expecting.)

EDIT: Well how could I know, probably some analytical study and decision from that but eh I guess we will see how it goes.

And back to snowy New York during chemical...err Christmas sales day. Whoops.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    TBH, I'm pretty sure most will just buy it on Ubi store anyway.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Whilst people make increasingly angry Twitter posts about a naked man / woman and if it reaches max toxicity you're dead :p

Grimbarian likes this.
  8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    PC features overview trailer

AsiJu likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Neat!

Btw notice the "call nearby allies" text and the friendly reinforcements imbound text?

Maybe you can call out to nearby other players even if not in your group (but same session / server) for help?

That would be very cool actually!

And while on the subject I don't get the switch to Epic Store either, whatever they gain in per unit share they'll lose in sold units and more, plus another garbage client, but I'll grab this direct from Ubi like Division 1 so doesn't matter to me personally.

10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Notice how they have a screen open on 33s into the video, an i7 with a 1080 capped to 30fps only stressing the 1080 to 35% at 1080p with ultra preset. Looks good.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I always buy/activate my games on the platform of the publisher. CBA running 5 clients at once in the background.

BangTail and metagamer like this.
  12. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Welp! Guess i won't be buying TD2 then. I know i can buy it directly from Uplay, but i wont support a company that does these kind of exlusivity deals. And also.. Epic store is a piece of garbage in its current state.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, frack exclusivity on PC of all platforms. Ideally you should be able to buy whatever from whomever you want but Epic's just making a mess of things. They even had the walking dead s1 & 2 removed from steam and gog. Really resent that company now. Epic wasted their money on Ubisoft tbh. All keys available online are uplay only. People bought from Steam for their own reasons like refund protection or just having everything there (steam bought ubi titles work better with big picture mode than adding them manually in my experience) but why on earth would you waste your money on epic's store if you're going to need uplay anyway?

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah hopefully can run mix of high/medium at 60 on 1440! Bit silly with Epic store, it launched Uplay anyway :S Just get it from Uplay, got enough game launchers as it is :D

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    lucky me , i got a 7900x under water :p

18. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    [​IMG]

Broke 500 hours yesterday, quite staggering! Working on my fourth character, just got him to tier5 and there's still so much new content to see!

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Next beta begins on 7th. Preload will be unlocked on 6th.

It's not under NDA anymore, so a lot of infos & videos will be incoming. :) can't wait!

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Makes me wonder if someone got already code for Division 2 from AMD RX590 bundle.