Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    My Uplay nick is AsiJu ;)

I'm too lazy and forgetful to make up different aliases for different places, lols...

2. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    I've had quite a few 268 items from "normal" underground encounters.Also there is always a 229 weapon on the vendor in the underground.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh, how convenient :) I also always have the same but sometimes it's taken (like here) and that's why I got some numbers in my name.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Damn that progression is fast in the PTS.

4 hours in = Tier 4
    6 hours in = 229 GS

Now for some 4 piece gear sets...

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
  7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Played a little bit last night, got a question..By Underground entrance there are 2 quest givers, some kind of a contracts that pay in phoenix credits. I need intel, i think, to pick those quests? Where do i get that?

Also wish they had preview for guns livery/clothers before buying!

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Those are High-Value Target officers, for Daily and Weekly targets respectively (you'll find the same guys in Base of Operations to the right from entrance in Security division).

You get Intel by completing Search and Destroy missions, which can be accessed from Situation Boards in Safe Houses once you have completed all side quests and encounters for that area.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Oh thats how you get them! Cheers, i had 3 and couldnt work out how i got them :D Cheers man!

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Np :)

I think Elite/Named enemies may occassionally drop intel too, hence you got 3 pieces. SnD missions reward about 8 pieces iirc.

Hint: loot enemies during SnD missions for possible extra intel on top of rewarded intel.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thats good to know, havent really played since may so SnD are new to me. also theyve added new difficulty to missions by the looks, epic or something like that?

Might have to pick up season pass or just Underground.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'm thinking of getting the Underground DLC too, pretty much exhausted the main game content.
    Also there should be a rebalancing patch due soon which tweaks gear scores/weapon stats etc.

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yep I always give people that tip it's easy to forget and miss out on two or three pieces of intel which saves having to collect the other way.

You should focus on the safehouse which is circled as that one contains "critical intel", basically you get double the amount of intel for that one, complete that safehouse and a new one will be circled at random, just keep doing that rather than going for all of them.

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4l7x0d/sd_hvt_and_intel_farming_what_you_need_to_know/

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ good point, forgot to mention that.

@AndreasGuido: feel free to add me (AsiJu) to your Uplay friends if you like, I'm often doing HVT missions too and the tougher ones are practically impossible without a group.

Tougher missions give better rewards ofc. Also HVTs drop good loot.

(I have temporarily uninstalled The Division atm but will hop back in soon. The game is surprisingly addictive for some reason...)

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I was wondering why some safe houses are circled. yea will do man, i doubt ill be playing it full time but will jump on now and then!

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Not sure if they ever fixed it but there was a big where there'd be no critical safehouse visible on the map, only solution is to quit the game and try again, a pain doing that but it's worth it IMO as earning say 40 intel only takes 5 critical missions versus at least 8-10 regular, which probably shaves off 30 minutes or so (depends how lucky you get with fast travel points, I always fast travel to the spot nearest each intel source rather than running and running, fast travelling loading time I can spend the time reading on my phone!)

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    They still havent quite fixed matchmaking. I still joined groups but missions wouldnt start. Thats so annoying.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Got the Underground DLC and to me it's kinda... meh.

The missions or Operations are just somewhat pointless go-there-do-that kind of things.
    Though you unlock multiphase Operations once you level up so maybe they change for the better later on.

Also it's infuriating the entire Operation is always a no-respawn zone so die and you reset to base. Normal difficulty feels too easy and Hard is on the edge of doable solo.
    There are also some glitches like you can't pass through an open door!

Plus to me the game loses some of its appeal when you're no longer running around in the streets of NY with varying weather and ToD but confined to rusty sewers.
    Which are procedurally generated from a few base layouts making each Operation feel like a copy of the previous one.

But I got the DLC mainly for looting for better gear and sure enough the first Op already dropped a gear piece with higher GS than anything I previously had so... will see.
    And obviously alternating between Underground/HVTs/Daily Missions/DZ will give variation but I would have preferred more campaign style DLC content.

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Arent they working on 1.4 in PTS at the moment? I might wait for that, apparently it fixes a lot of problems. Keep forgetting to add you, will try to remember tonight. Or try adding me andreas_himself :)

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ yea I think so.

No worries mate, add me when you have the time or I'll add you, whoever gets to it first ;)