Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 / 4gb
    so, I switch to Warframe after Skillup rave about it on youtube. I agreed with him. Check it out. Especially seeing how fanatic we are with The Division.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    Trying to get back in to the game, again...

Seems 1.7 has rolled out and Global Events with it. Checked twice within a week or two and it's been offline, any idea when and how often do Global Events occur?

3. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 EK
    For a week-ish sometime this month, once a month.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti 2038/12006MHz
    The Division will be free to play this weekend starting today.

5. Singleton99

Singleton99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Just finished downloading , and if i enjoy i might pickup a cheap key .
    PS
    Is the season pass worth it ?
    cheers :)

6. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 EK
    If you really like the game then yes. Season Pass unlocks you the Survival mode which is pretty much what it says, a survival mode. You have to scavenge stuff, survive to the extraction point and fight people etc. along the way. Then you get the Underground expansion, it's fun if you matchmake or you've got other buddies to play with, alone not so much imo. It introduces no additional story, just multiple subway level run & gun missions for farming gear. There's some voice tapes to be collected underground to give you some background context but that's it. Lastly the Last Stand mode which is basically a "For Honor" mode in The Division, very fun PvP action in which you can get easily destroyed by other people rocking heavier PvP builds, just like in any other PvP scenario in the game.

Singleton99 likes this.
  7. Singleton99

Singleton99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Hey thanks for your detailed reply GrionShooter , i'm going to have 10mins now to setup keys and graphics setting which by the looks of it i will have to have a google as there are some settings i've not seen before or don't understand fully, and then tomorrow i will give it a few hours of playtime and go from there , if all's good i will buy from steam as its on sale there but not Uplay :)
    thanks again :)

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GX980Ti Amp!Extreme
    If you want great performance then dont go too crazy with dsr and shadow detail, hfsl? Is the most demanding, it makes softer shadows, and its off most of the time, except by lights and certain trees.

Edit: just saw you have 1080ti, I think you can play with all max - and force driver fxaa, imo txaa is too blury even with max 100% sharpening

Also raise distance detail slider to 100 :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017 at 3:30 AM
    Singleton99 likes this.
  9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Some new infos about upcoming events:

19th September - Update 1.7.1 on PS4 / XBO / PC for fixing that firerate-glitch

26th September - PublicTestServer (PTS) will go live with Update 1.8 on it. Your current char will get copied onto the PTS so you can use all the gear you have right now.

3rd October - Global Event ASSAULT starts
    - firing from close range onto an enemy will give you a damage bonus
    - firing with your squad close by will also give you a dmg bonus
    - enemies hitting you from a distance will have a dmg bonus
    - lone enemies not in group will have another dmg bonus

So watch out for isolated snipers after 3rd October. If they hit you from a distance you're done for.

Singleton99 and StarvinMarvinDK like this.
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti 2038/12006MHz
    I assume you're talking about 1080/60fps here :) My 1080Ti could never survive running the game on max settings at 1440p.

Singleton99 likes this.

11. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 EK
    The only time HFTS is disabled is during night time when it's automatically switched to PCSS. HFTS isn't restricted to specific shadow casters at all.
    There's no TXAA option in the game, just SMAA and TAA. No point in forcing driver level FXAA in this game as it's garbage if not used in combination with relatively high downsampling. Plus it's not even close to being comparable to the accuracy and image quality of the ingame TAA option.

What? No GEs this month, uhmm ohkey :(

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC+
    The GE apply to PvE right? Do they affect entire PvE or select missions only?

13. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE
    Selected missions and only PvE :)

DocStrangelove likes this.
  14. Singleton99

Singleton99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI

Thanks guys for the information and yes HFSL is a performance killer so i'm maxing everything else out (i think) and have PCSS and SMAA low , running @ 2560x1400p native = 89 fps average on the ingame benchmark and 58-90 ingame with my 1080ti @ 2025mhz .

Last night i played for a couple of hours and started to get the hang of the game , however i just started the game up to continue from where i had left off last night and im back at the start again, i've lost all game progress ,even though the start screen says continue game , is this because it's a free weekend thing or a bug, either way it has pissed me off , ive just had a goggle to find an answer and all i can find is, it says you can continue your progress from the free weekend if you buy the game.

Quick Update (Silly me)
    i didnt see how you can select your player from the menu , plus in my Uplay i have 3 the divisions , 1 for the free weekend,1 was the beta and 1 under the free games section so ive been somewhat confused , which is relatively easy for me .

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017 at 9:59 PM
    DocStrangelove and -Tj- like this.
  15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    It says that your progress carries over into your fullgame if you buy the game this weekend, so ... ;)

If you need a coop partner my UplayID is DocStrangeluv. I'm in Germany so we're an hour apart.

Singleton99 likes this.

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Maha Guru

GPU: