Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Oh god im around 180 i think :D Long way to go Cheers for the info tho.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Rewards from missions could be anything, up to 229/268 for Heroic. Caches depend on your current GS and will only drop 1.3 set pieces (Alpha Bridge, Fire Crest, BLIND, ...).

3. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I have noticed that there are two kinds of shadow resolution in the game. Now, I have all settings running on highest and I've taken two screenshots within the same corridor but from two different light sources.

Here's a high-resolution player-shadow from one source: http://i63.tinypic.com/2e6bs3k.png

Here's a lower-resolution player-shadow from another source: http://i63.tinypic.com/28v80oz.png

Is there any way to increase the lower-resolution one to match the higher-resolution so that all light sources cast the best possible version of shadow resolution?

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Does anyone else experience random CTDs or system resets when playing?

Had a few so far but I think they started after the RS1 update to Windows 10. Haven't clean installed yet.

Also how does the DZ player bracket work? Are the different DZs meant for different level players or what?

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    No, works fine.

You mean the gear level per DZ? If its player based or ai based?

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Okay, made it to level 30 and the gear score, incursions and whatnot started making more sense all of a sudden ;)

Tried the DZ too for the first time briefly, pretty intense!

Was almost instantly killed by a rogue agent (shot me in the back, that b*tch!) but got some stuff extracted and also two rogues killed, with help from others.

It seems trying to get stuff extracted alone is near impossible, I only succeeded when other players showed up to the same site.

EDIT: @Netherwind / Grimbarian / Corrupt

would you guys mind if I added you to my Uplay list? Maybe we could do a DZ run or Incursions some time if schedules match?

My GS is pretty low still as I just made it to level 30 but that's not a problem in DZ I suppose? Incursions are off the table atm but working on it... ;)

My Uplay nick is AsiJu
    feel free to add me!

PS: I'm a total noob to MP in general so if I do something "stupid" sometimes it's just me being a noob, nothing more...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1486527-Update-1-4-Survival-and-Last-Stand-–-FAQ

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1486769-Join-the-Elite-Task-Force!

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yeah, just add me, Corrupt_be I think or Corruptbe.

Though I'm playing a tad less now, trying other stuff till the next patch hits.

I don't go into the DZ much these days as I hate the whole Reclaimer/Explosive ammo bollox.

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Yes absolutely you or anyone else is welcome to add me! I haven't been able to play since a week or so as my motherboard fried and having to use an older one that only supports quad core but have a new motherboard arriving Wednesday so I'll be back in the game :)

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    * thanks! Yea playing a bit less myself too now that Deus Ex is out. But still regularly playing Division too.

Worked my GS up to 175 so far iirc.

Did a run through DZ the other day, it was fun actually. I saw another agent/player fighting Cleaners and started fighting them too to help.
    Both of us died and revived each other once and continued as a group from there on. Two others joined us later on.

Got some OK loot out of it, neat! Though I've gotten more High-End gear from Search and Destroy and HVT missions than DZ...

@Grimbarian: is your Uplay alias the same as your forum one? :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    No it's Placebo_PRS :)

HVT (and Underground if you have the DLC) are a good way to quickly get gear sets but unfortunately HVT is heavily weighted in favour of the Lone Star gear set which isn't ideal but it's not a bad start to improve your stats and make a lot of the various missions easier :)

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ yea got some Lone Star pieces already. Also the Intel missions often seem to reward High-End weapons, though their GS isn't very high.
    Don't have the Underground DLC yet but planning on getting it.

Btw is there any particularly effective way of earning Phoenix Credits?
    Seems all the worthy stuff must be bought from Advanced Gear vendor. Apart from looting / rewards ofc.

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    HVT and daily missions especially challenging ones (just random a group) are the best way to earn them, tbh you'll quickly find that the stuff the Advanced Gear Vendor sells is really not that great and will quickly be replaced by stuff you get as rewards or drops.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    TIP:

No matter how crap, hold on to some 268's. Run UG missions on normal or hard with them and then open the Caches.

Caches can drop 268 Alpha Bridge (which is a good DPS set).

Though to get 268/229's from those caches, you first need to get 231 GS. Caches their content is dependent on your GS. You can also level up 4 characters to get ... well 160 Caches in total from UG.

Also, Lone Star is fairly decent now. LMG's, when enemies are out of cover, will simply RIP through your targets.

For Phoenix Credits, most people farm Lexington on Heroic.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thanks for the tips guys. Will probably try and make-do with the current GS until I'll get the Underground DLC.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Sure, add me :) I hardly play at all but if I ever see you online, I'll jump in. My GS is also low, just 201 or something like that.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ thanks, is your Uplay name Netherwind too?

Btw must I have Uplay overlay and notifications enabled for properly seeing who's online?
    Sorry, I'm a total noob with this... but a badass agent, I swear! Seriously guys... I wear goggles and everything :D

I'm usually doing Daily HVT missions these days but with a good group we could attempt Incursions or Weekly HVTs.

Or just run around naked... what?

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Nah, you can see who's playing, people from your friends list will even show up on the map.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    No it's, umm...Astr4l3n...I think? Try that or tell me yours and I'll add you :)