Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I refuse to watch another one of those voice act play through's they insist on showing. We all know how it would really sound.

"You stupid f**king noob, cover me" "I died you f***S, this game suX". (User disconnected.)

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Downgraded, Ubiport strike again!.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  3. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    100% agreed, those scripted lines they say while playing are ridiculous, they have now done it for The Division twice and for R6 Siege once, the first time I heard the E3 2013 demo I thought it was a VO from the game it was so scripted, just play it like you would in real life Ubi, we don't need employees to have scripted showings, in fact the one video of an unscripted match of R6 Siege was a lot better than the scripted playthrough was.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

5. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Is it just me or does that look a bit dumb'd down gfx wise vs some early leaks?

Or is it just video compression..

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It definitely looks downgraded, they have admitted that though (if you believe the source). The original reveal was running on PC so its not surprising that it looked better then.

8. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    It's not just you. The recent footage looks somewhat less impressive.
    But it's not like we aren't used to that, are we ?

It's not as big of a downgrade as what happened with Watch Dogs but it's pretty clear that textures have taken a hit. Characters look good, lighting looks great but environments are a bit....low poly and not very detailed.
    Hopefully tessellation will smooth things out on PC, at least I hope they will make use of it.

Do you have a link ? I'd be curious to read that, it's strange for developpers to openly admit this sort of thing.

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    well it's a blurry concole vid so lets not get too fussed, perhaps low view distances i noticed in the maps if anything.

10. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Sounds like mad-up BS to me but it's clear that if there is too much of a delta between PC and consoles they will priorize consoles and therefore the PC sku will be nerfed in some respects.

12. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I honestly find that game rather meh looking - but it seems to be how ubisoft rolls... post videoes with amazing Visuals, and then the final game looks like a game that was mediocre 5 years ago.

13. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    You can watch higher quality videos of the Division from Gamersyde, you can download them for better quality.

E3 2013
    E3 2014

There are more videos there as well.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Or maybe it was just PS4 footage now?

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It was gorgeous back in E3, but the final product will get a downgrade for sure and that's because of the so called ''Next-gen'' consoles because the game will be out sometime in 2016, and by then we may have Pascal/Volta GPUs which would be enough for this game.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Well 4-5 tflops should be enough, U4E needs 3tflops to render properly, or Luminous enigine.. I really doubt its any different by this engine :)

17. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    The E2014 one definitely looks like console footage and as it was showcased at Microsoft's conference it's safe to assume that it running on the XB1.

I dont expect the graphics to look like the E3 2013 reveal on PC, not after Watch_Dogs. I think it will be the same as NG consoles apart from AA, HBAO/HDAO and larger view distances.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Saw another gameplay trailer and downgrade is already in works vs 2013 video heh,

I hoped for the best, but it was to good to be true. Well I'm not really surprised at this point its UBI bs after all.:infinity:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  20. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Maybe these developers should learn to not sit on their own balls by only releasing gameplay footage closer to release. Or not be overly ambitious and start with the bar a little lower and increase visual fidelity (if they can) as development goes on.

Also if they would just own up to it the blowback wouldn't be as severe but no, they like to promise us, especially the pc crowd, that it will look better, run better, and no downgrades have or will ever take place followed by a unanimous sigh from pc gamers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.