Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i guess i'm not in such a rush as there are many many nice ones before this, also it's no campaign so i dunno. not too fussed, in 2015 there is only one game anyways :)

2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Yet it happens. This game has so many components, the visual side is just one side to it. HBAO+, the CityOS system, physX effects with the winds etc etc. Anything in development can be different from the final version later on and you have to make decisions to shift over cpu/gfx power to something else to rescue some fps.

Btw, i don't think it was downgraded imo.

The sunlight was simulated, the fog was overused as was the smoke all over the place. The DOF filter effect was so overdone it was great for a trailer but not ingame. I think WatchDogs looks f**king awesome as it is right now, it's sharp, huge drawing distance and has beautiful night&day cycles.

Foggy weather with storms is just 1 little moment in those cycles so the game has no chance to look like the trailers at all times. Maybe thats what ppl dont understand. They expected a 2012 trailer like weather but maybe started at broad daylight with everything on ultra & huge stuttering.

All that WatchDogs Bashing is clearly out of control by now. Ppl complain about so many aspects, i dont even know ... real time reflections on skycrapers ? Really? xP

I guess most of the kids didnt even play the game, bashing WD has become a cool thing on the net and everyone wants to join in.

Maybe Ubisoft should sell Tshirts with 'I play Ubisoft games and all i got was this downgraded Tshirt'.

3. Sub

Sub Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
    I agree with you here entirely! Ubisoft has failed or is starting to fail to realize that if this games on PC it would be pretty flexible when it came to adjusting settings, improving gameplay, etc. Hopefully after what has happened with Watch Dogs they will try and focus more on each individual system.

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb

5. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I hope they learned their lesson. Depriving PC gamers of options isn't a wise move.
    Yeah, we know that following this logic games can end up being supremely demanding at maximum settings but they are called very high or ultra for a reason. If one's machine does not cut it then as you said we're free to drop settings.
    Problem solved.

I'm upset because future proof games used to be one of main reason I loved replaying "old" games. I enjoyed going back to Crysis once in a while to play an even better looking game.
    Same for some really high-end effects I couldn't use in multiplatform games when the game shipped.

I enjoy PC gaming's scalability, I understand this comes at a cost for the publisher but a few high-end effects here and here shouldn't be that costly.
    I'm not asking them to completely redo their assets or anything of that scale but I'd like them to develop some really impressive graphical effects for the maximum settings.
    They don't even have to be extremely well optimized, I'd take diffusion based DOF that runs like crap even on high-end hardware at the time of release than nothing at all !

I genuinely believe they could do a lot more for their PC releases without breaking the bank. It's not like the PC market isn't profitable either, what it takes is ressource to make the most of it.

6. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    I think after the Watch Dogs PC fiasco they will at least not downgrade it as much, and they definitely won't leave in the assets they decided not to use in the games ISO.
    I think The Division will look spectacular on PC, even the time of year in the game (winter) is perfect for using some of the great effects PCs can handle, volumetric fog for breath and heat from manhole covers, particle effects from snow dropping and being blown around by explosions and wind, icy roads to show of nice reflections, maybe even ray tracing, extremely destructible surroundings to show off the physics.
    The games setting is perfect to show off the power of the PC and I hope they do it right, I expect a small downgrade but not anywhere close to what happened with WD.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They just need to stop showing features unless they are sure it will make it into the final game.

Downgrade a game all you want during development if certain features are too hardware intensive, just don't make the public aware of it as people like to see things improve the nearer release gets, not the other way round.

I'm guessing they wont make the same mistake again as they are pushing the engine just as much as the actual game, but who knows.

8. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    After watching the gameplay video again and again i cant help but thinking nothing in it is actually random, everything is perfectly planned to happen in order to show a maximum of effects of the engine or features the players have to their disposal: drones, destruction of cars, windows, hard cover, blinding of an enemy, shooting color tins, shooting a melee guy.

The whole game could be very scripted / repetitive. Not gonna preorder this before extensive reviews / videos are out after release.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1040916396#post1040916396

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If it is fair and worth the money then fair enough, this game is more along the lines of an MMO us it not?

12. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Once upon a time, in a land not that far far ago microtransctions and subscription fees were not needed, necessary, or the norm. Oh wait.. They're still not needed.. Just because the genre of game changes doesn't mean suddenly they have to find ways to make money for server fees..

Source: See every non RPG-MMO mulitplayer ever..

Ubisoft being Ubisoft... This game is so far off my radar now Watch Dogs looks acceptable.

13. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, back in a time when games cost pennies to make and were developed by a hand full of people.

There is nothing wrong with asking people to pay for optional content if that content cost money to make.

It's only when it moves into the pay to win tettitory that its dodgy.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I miss the days of real MP - Quake, UT, CS, Halo 1,2,3. If it has leveling, item unlocks other than just visual items - redots, skins, non perk type armor...etc and pay to win, then i know without failure that its safe to assume that the core mp experience is hollow/shallow and the devs have just used gamers materialistic urge to keep them coming back for that next unlocked toy or Sargent major-second class-lieutenant-alphacock badge.

Division will be no different.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    +1
    Cosmetic i can go along with, but not giving someone an advantage when they've only been playing for a day.

Will this have dedicated servers?

17. rubenmartin

rubenmartin Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX770 @1320mhz
    never pre-order. never again...

enough is enough.

18. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    For certain ppl who have jobs and other stuff goin on in their lifes, microtransactions are a good way to save some time and still dive deep into a game. For that, i think MicTrans. are in order. And seriously, even if you have lots of sparetime endless grinding & levelling is just tedious and can kill the fun in a game.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/38637...rom-hardcore-pc-studio-to-consoles/index.html

Title is misleading though i think.

Sorry if already posted.

Also:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's Ubi so you can count on paid cheat codes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.