Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    They never alluded to the PC version being capped at 30fps.

The PS4/Xbox One skus will and it's a very good thing : it means that they will max out the visual fidelity. We can improve the framerate very easily on PC but we can't do a damn thing about asset quality or lighting.
    Hence why I hope any AAA game is capped at 30fps on consoles.

2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    To be expected.
    Though every article that will pop-up due to this is nothing but click bait until the game is released next year. Im betting every similar article like this will all start with, end with, mention.. the "insider who cant be named", cant stand that guy.

Since its Ubisoft, every time i see this sort of a headline, im just thinking 'No sh**'. Rather not provide web views to click bait articles.

What needs to be remembered is that first party devs can make great use of the consoles and it always come down to the fact that Ubi and co are lazy devs whether the game is on PC or consoles. Personally, judging consoles on multi platform titles is stupid and i find it funny how gamers moan and complain about console graphics but happily admit that first party devs like ND and... whatever Xbone equivalent is, are stunning for what the hardware is capable of.

What this downgrading nonsense is, is nothing more but thirdparty developers/ publishers taking the lazy route and not wanting/able to optimize their games for the consoles and then telling gamers it due hardware limitations.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  4. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Oh I know.. Just keeping the thread relevant with the latest click bait. Unfortunately it will be all we have to go on till the propaganda machine from Ubisoft kicks in. Which is also just as bad as click bait news.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @styckx

Sorry, wasnt having a go at you. Just thinking out loud/commenting on article.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    No worries. I speak from the hip myself.. No offense taken at all. :)

7. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
  8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Yup I saw it on /v/ first which set off my Spidey Senses then Googled and saw N4G threw it out there so figured the same.. Might have credibility, or might be click bait.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well that guy does have a point, especially when it comes to UBI promises.. Im hyped about this game more then WD, but I won't buy it right away, not after WD crap.

10. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    why do i smell the graphical downgrade from far, the 2014 e3 demo was already way more aliased than first one wich was at E3 2012/2013 ? cant remember exactly

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, even if it's fake, nUbisoft will downgrade it after all.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The article does reek of fake, kids today don't know how to write and be convincing.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is downgraded, ever since Crysis people have wanted to make a game that is high end only, but no one has the guts and tbh i don't really blame them.

Saying that, even if this game is downgraded it will likely still end up looking better than most games so who care, and gameplay wise its not something that i'm that bothered about anyway.

13. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Games in development do change quite a bit, why is this news to some ppl is beyond me :p

14. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Changes shouldn't necessarily mean downgrades.

What Ubisoft have done with Watch Dogs is false advertising of the highest order.

15. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    They showed us a great looking gameplay video in 2012 and said it was still in development. Mean: things may change till release.

They showed us more material in 2013 and 2014. Ppl saw changes but still bought the game.

You can't call it false advertising if you know what's coming. It's not like Ubisoft tried to make everyone believe it would still look like in 2012 did they?

16. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Again, changes=/= downgrades.
    "Games change over the course of development" is unacceptable as a excuse for visually downgrading. I understand some gameplay sequences may never make the cut in the final game but showcasing visuals has a cost in terms of public awareness. You ought to deliver on that aspect.
    Watch Dogs was severely downgraded on PC. The E3 2012 demo is a few notched abvoe what we got at the end of June 2014.
    I'm not too happy with inferior visuals 2 years later.

The thing is, even 2013 footage looked better than the final build. No POM and very bad lighting.

17. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    could you give us an example of a single game with nice POM and lighting?
    or if you wanna be uber then name two.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Crysis 2, Crysis 3 just to name a few.
    They are not open world however.

Not sure what your point is by the way. It has nothing to do with Watch Dogs' undisputable downgrade.

19. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    nice one.
    i'd have said the same. :)

20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Yes, but as I've said in my edit those games aren't open world.
    That does not really excuse Ubisoft for having showcased POM in the Feb 2013 demo.

I don't understand their rationale behind those removals. PC is flexible gaming platform, have they forgotten about that ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.