Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    this is not STEAM integrated yes? UBI stuff. game has my attention now.
    just XCOM came at wrong time.

well will play XCOM for a while. and will see if this worth the money or not.

Just not sure if PS4 or PC. i mean PC community decrease in time interns of COOP etc. PS4 always u can find decent people. HELLDIVERS has a bit lame people on PC. but on PS4 always decent.

2. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    It's pretty much all the same tech only you can get it to run at a higher quality all-round if you got the hardware for it. There is PCSS from Nvidia though. It's taxing on the system and the Image quality you get is only marginally better when compared to ultra setting on shadows (this is ofcourse subjective)

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea its uplay mate, friend system works really well. I was going solo, looked on the map and my mate was on it so send him an invite and in my game instance if that makes sense. Really nicely integrated i think.
    Also my mate who played both PC and Xbone, said players are nicer on PC :p DZ was a nightmare on Xbone, but people were actually pretty friendly on PC, apart from few aholes :D

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI

hehe. and how to add u on UPLAY then?

what is ur ID i mean there. i know how to add lol.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016

5. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    You can tell thats a big No just by looking at the footage. Do you see anyone going up into buildings? Or climbing the outside of them?

Wow. Yet another STUPID design decision by Ubi to make a 3rd of their game world inaccessible to people who have no interest in multiplayer or pvp... instead of just having a very simple multiplayer mode for the game.

Absolutely no interest in this now.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    You're too quick with judging just by the footage. Keep in mind that someone can make a game look bad just by playing badly.

So yes, you can climb the fire ladders outside of buildings, there are even firefights on rooftops, sometimes crossing several buildings. Yes, some windows are open and accessible although the normal stairwells are blocked so you can find secret rooms to search for stuff etc etc.

There are some areas that are highly contaminated. Without the right equipment (measured in Filter quality for the breathing masks) you die within 10 seconds. You can sprint in there and try to loot a crate if you think you can get out quickly enough. So there are some areas off limits to low level players that you can loot later.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It clear Brogan wants a traditional single player game with a tacked on multiplayer part.

The fact the game isn't like that is not a flaw or a negative against Ubisoft as you can't blame a developer for making a game catered at other people than yourself.

I can understand his disappointment though, it's a setting that does lend itself well to a more campaign driven game

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i bought the game with the money i refunded xcom2.

anyway, i press install. which sasy BETA. but giving me error of something encrypted bla bla .wtf?

9. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Closed Beta already finished, open Beta possibly will start 17 Feb with 48hrs of preload option.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-open-beta-potentially-leaked/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  10. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Personally I'm all for the integrated multi-player and dark zone! I was sceptical but had a blast with Dark Zone on beta.

If you want a single player experience, 2015 was packed full of them (Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, Mad Max, so many more).

11. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    None of those games are like The Division so I really don`t see what they have on commun beside the single player experience.

12. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think his point was that there have been plenty of story driven games recently.

Maybe not story driven games set in an apocalyptic Manhattan, but not really the point.

13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    A short video made of short footage i took during beta:

14. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Here's my beta gameplay on ultra with Afterburner running, I've ordered it - quite enjoyable!

15. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Fair point.

And i havent played any of the beta. I just worry about the prospect of not being able to continue (or complete) the campaign because work hours or whatever prevent me from finding somebody online to play with. That wouldn't be very user-friendly imo.

16. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I had the same concerns, a few of the more single player orientate users on here did but there has been more positives than negatives from it.

I did play the beta, but the tech head in me spent more time messing with stuff and running around doing nothing and little to zero time actually playing the game.

17. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Yeah, well... plenty of single player experiences regardless of genre, anyway. I'm quite happy with the direction they've taken the game-play in. It's just that damn downgrade in graphics!

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Ao missed beta/

Anyway. I only can wiish they add some ZOMBIE hunt like mod to this game.

I would love to play a IAM LEGEND movie theme like game. Why not?

Ohh and how gamepad works? In coop its not matter i guess. There must be some aim assist. But in PvP nope. Mouse is fine.

Gamepad supported i guess.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    You'll have another chance once the Open Beta starts. Was it somewhere around the 16th?

Dont know about gamepad, mouse/keyboard worked just fine.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio

I thought this open-beta was a fake news?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.